Post-Game Talk (GBU): Can't they do anything right?

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Maybe they didn't get the memo.

Top 3 PICK, boys. Top 3 PICK!

1024_768_20091225090109151070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

- Hey, they actually play some uptempo, entertaining, physical hockey. I'm sad I passed up on the ticket for this one.
- The Amerks! Porter, Flynn, Adam, Pardy, Pysyk all help the cause.
- Battle.

The Bad -

- The tank just hit a mine.

The Ugly -

- Scott looked like he hurt himself. The downside is another player might have to be pulled up from a shorthanded Amerk squad if Vanek or Leino can't go.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Fun game. I'll take those anyday. **** the tank at home and against a division rival.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
So much of this teams problem is between their ears.....With no pressure you can expect them to rally off some wins..but not enough to make the playoffs, because once the pressure is on, the same old tentative hockey will re-appear.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Actually not surprised with this win.

While Ottawa is fighting for a good, solid playoff position, the Sabres are now loaded with players out to prove they should be on or stay on the big league team.

Nothing like a hungry athlete.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thank god, don't know what they would have done to replace his incredibly important five minutes a night.

More a concern they would dip into the Amerks for another body with all the other nicks and bruises they have up front up here. Rochester needs all the help they can get now.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
More a concern they would dip into the Amerks for another body with all the other nicks and bruises they have up front up here. Rochester needs all the help they can get now.
They could have just double shifted someone since he's literally just a body, healthy or not. :laugh:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'm pretty sure only Jochen Hecht could have scored that...bad angle, completely improbable shot? That's his specialty :laugh:

G:
--Myers. Looked good out there for sure
--Weber. Right now he is the most consistently good D-man on the team.
--Amerks. Not just the goals, but the hustle plays. Adam actually won an icing race! Flynn and Porter had a great shorty chance which Ehrhoff got stuffed. Pardy was solid. And Pysyk looks so comfortable out there.
--Ennis and Stafford were buzzing quite a bit tonight too

B:
--Ennis's shot block attempt...take lessons from Patty good sir. :laugh:
--Stupid penalties, of which there were several

U:
--Officiating. So many missed calls (mostly on the Sabres), and just overall totally inconsistent.
--Rod Brind'amour

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Ott, when asked in post-game about his new "A" says:

"There are a lot of great leaders in this dressing room"

:amazed:

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
10 games left. 6 points out of 7th with New Jersey and Winnipeg next..... oh no.

Sabres are 13-9-4 outside the Southeast division :laugh:

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
G:
Hecht
Flynn continues to impress
Myers solid tonight
Number of hits
Bottom 6

B:
Gerbe not sinking opportunities