Post-Game Talk (GBU): Can't they do anything right?

Karate Johnson*

Miller sounds depressed for a guy who just won two in a row.

He probably feels like a lame duck. Maybe we almost traded him and he found out and he knows he's not in the plan.

Maybe he has totally checked out for the season or for a career in buffalo....

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Ott, when asked in post-game about his new "A" says:

"There are a lot of great leaders in this dressing room"

:amazed:

Boy, you are really going to start hating Ott more and more. He's a TEAM guy. He compliments his TEAM. He won't slam a teammate. If that disgusts you, and seems it does. Your going to really hate Ott as time goes on. Stop expecting something he won't do and you'll be juuuuuust fine :thumbu:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
For the longest I suffered as the Sabres found ways to lose. Finally I said "Ok. We are in a rebuild. We lose and get a game changing player" So now they win. No playoffs. No gamechanger. %$#^%$#$%!!

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
If Pegula had any stones, he'd be in that locker room reaming these guys out. Tonight was a sacrifice of the organizational good!

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
G: I frigging love Pysyk's game.
Flynn too

B: The lovefest for Steve Ott...I like the guy, but wow it's seriously so over the top. He can just do no wrong. (This isn't directed at this board, more the casual fans)

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
If Pegula had any stones, he'd be in that locker room reaming these guys out. Tonight was a sacrifice of the organizational good!

Lol...maybe if he did that at the beginning of the season we would be in better shape.

Tell the team the goal is to get the first overall draft pick and watch them win a cup...

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
So much of this teams problem is between their ears.....With no pressure you can expect them to rally off some wins..but not enough to make the playoffs, because once the pressure is on, the same old tentative hockey will re-appear.

This defines the Sabres post Briere/Drury.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Flynn too

B: The lovefest for Steve Ott...I like the guy, but wow it's seriously so over the top. He can just do no wrong. (This isn't directed at this board, more the casual fans)

The "lovefest" is simply because he gives 100 percent every time he is out there. No reason not to love the guy.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Flynn too

Heaven forbid the jaded fan base falls in love with a high effort, charismatic, ****** bag that carries the flag everynight. The shine will wear off soon enough but ATM otter is one of the only things I find enjoyable about this season. Or we can ***** about everything because nothing is good right?

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
‏@BillHoppeNHL 20m
Jochen Hecht on backhand goal: "I closed my eyes and threw it." #Sabres

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Heaven forbid the jaded fan base falls in love with a high effort, charismatic, ****** bag that carries the flag everynight. The shine will wear off soon enough but ATM otter is one of the only things I find enjoyable about this season. Or we can ***** about everything because nothing is good right?

I love him, love what he brings. But he's not some infallible hero or anything. I guess everyone's so starved for effort and hard work that every little thing he does is blown up so much.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I love him, love what he brings. But he's not some infallible hero or anything. I guess everyone's so starved for effort and hard work that every little thing he does is blown up so much.

Pretty much. Deal with it and it'll go the way of The Enroth lolzapaluza as soon as we get some high skill prospects in the line up. Remember, I've personally seen a Bernier Sabres jersey.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

i love guys who play hard every shift...

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So much of this teams problem is between their ears.....With no pressure you can expect them to rally off some wins..but not enough to make the playoffs, because once the pressure is on, the same old tentative hockey will re-appear.

I would agree that was the case in the past but how many are left on the roster that this truly applies to?

This team is mostly kids or farm hands battling hard for jobs next year. Its also why this team won't get a top 3 pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->