GDT: Canes vs. Leafs - What is Offense?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Note that the players who scored all came in with speed rather than stopping in front of the net to make a fancy move.

Oh well, goodnight. Neither team deserved any points from that one.

Or, at least, the same amount of points. That's why ties need to be in the game,

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah. even if they get the worst record in the NHL, there's an 80% chance they don't get Matthews.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That call in general is a pet peeve of mine. You can two hand a guy as hard as you want and if he's strong enough to not drop his stick or break it it's a good defensive play. If the stick breaks it's a slash. It's dumb as ****.

I don't disagree Joe, but that's not the way they've been calling it. So if you know they will call it if you slash the guy's stick out of his hand, with more than a love tap, then the onus is on you.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
i would 100% not give eric staal anything over 6.5m x 3

I wouldn't give him anything. We need to move on from him. It'd be one thing if he was still putting up points, but he's not.

Paying him 6.5 million to play like Terry for 80% of the games is just foolish.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't disagree Joe, but that's not the way they've been calling it. So if you know they will call it if you slash the guy's stick out of his hand, with more than a love tap, then the onus is on you.

I've seen it not called enough. At least once in Skinner this year in front of the net because he *****ed incessantly about it. Just another inconsistency that drives me crazy. Non consequential play in OT?

And they call o-zone penalties so often that they don't call on attacking players with actual scoring chances. I thought you wanted more scoring in the game?

Oh and the Canes are awful.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn't give him anything. We need to move on from him. It'd be one thing if he was still putting up points, but he's not.

Paying him 6.5 million to play like Terry for 80% of the games is just foolish.

I agree that they should move on from him because this team has to get worse before it gets better, but he's still a NHL top-6 player and they have to spend money somewhere. Rather give a short but fair deal to Eric than get sucked into giving a crap value deal to UFA's like FLA and BUF did in rebuilds.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Anyone notice Lindholm grinning after his second penalty and after his SO attempt? Confidence so low now its next to dinosaur bones

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
"I'd prefer to re-sign in Carolina" Staal said, "I know if I pull some of this ******** anywhere reporters are paying attention they'll eat me alive"

Great golf in the Carolinas too, eh? That's always nice when you have family in Northwestern Ontario. Nice place to have friends and family over for nice weather and some greens!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i heard gritty veteran and captain eric staal eats a bo's tailgate box to himself before every game, then destroys the team's bathroom at or around the second half time, causing nobody else to be able to use it, which results in this stick puck team's poor play

proof me wrong #sonboys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad