GDT: Canes vs. Leafs - What is Offense?

Havoq

Havoq
Apr 24, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Low % shots, Goalie Blunders and Liles just hoping for all his friends to get along.

Sounds like we have ourselves a good ole fashion barn-burner

burning-barn-o.gif

:canes
Terry - E. Staal - Versteeg
Nordstrom - J. Staal - Nash
Skinner - Rask - Lindholm
Gerbe - McClement - Malone

Slavin - Faulk
Hainsey - Pesce
Hanifin - Liles

Ward

Scratched: Nestrasil - Jordan

:leafs

JVR - Kadri - Komarov
Matthias - Bozak - Parenteau
Winnik - Froese - Lupul
Grabner - Holland - Boyes

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Hunwick - Rielly
Marincin - Polak

Reimer

Scratched: Corrado - Harrington​

*Lineups subject to change

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Now I'm starting to think Chris Terry has pictures of somebody. Is it Peters or Brind'amour? Maybe even Francis. I don't know, but goddamnit how is he still in the lineup, let alone on the first line.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Honestly I don't think Terry on the first line is that terrible of an idea. Certainly no one else has taken that job and ran with it so might as well give him a shot. Pretty much the only thing he does well is shoot, and Staal with his size and Versteeg with his passing are probably the best two candidates for giving him the space to do that. Can't be any worse than what it's been.

And that JStaal line is a third line.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Getting hung up a bit on 2nd line / 3rd line nomenclature. I do like the Skinner-Rask-Lindholm Line. I do like the Gerbe-McClement-Malone 4th line. Problem is, there just isn't enough talent to go around and make a decent top 9 in total. Can't really hurt to try this as not much else has worked offensively.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Honestly I don't think Terry on the first line is that terrible of an idea. Certainly no one else has taken that job and ran with it so might as well give him a shot. Pretty much the only thing he does well is shoot, and Staal with his size and Versteeg with his passing are probably the best two candidates for giving him the space to do that. Can't be any worse than what it's been.

Yep.

On paper Skinner-Rask-Lindholm should actually be a pretty good 2nd line.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

I'd rather have Gerbe raising hell in that spot, but that's just me.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Getting hung up a bit on 2nd line / 3rd line nomenclature. I do like the Skinner-Rask-Lindholm Line. I do like the Gerbe-McClement-Malone 4th line. Problem is, there just isn't enough talent to go around and make a decent top 9 in total. Can't really hurt to try this as not much else has worked offensively.

I think we've all wanted that line, it's a matter of keeping it together long enough to build more of the chemistry that they've shown glimpses of.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
confession

i dont post the lineups in the op when i make gdts because it makes me cry and i usually post them at work so i dont want to explain to my coworkers why i am crying at my desk

that is all

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Don't look now but we now are only 1G ahead of the Ducks in GF (29th). I wouldn't be surprised if we got shut out tonight the way Reimer is playing.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I like the Skinner Rask Lindholmes line. At this point Lindy and Skinner need some easier competition to up their confidence. Lindy was a passenger with the Staals. I also wouldn't mind Rask at 2c with Lindy centering Skinner and Nordstrom or Steeger. Tell Nordstrom to give a licking to anyone who messes with Skinner or Lindy. At some point we need to figure out if Lindy can play C. I don't really care where we need to put other ppl bc they aren't in our long term plans.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
You notice we are icing an ALL USA Defense tonight :handclap:

Had to chuckle when Peters said he has a vet paired with a rookie. I know Faulk is a 'vet' perse, but damn he's only 23 himself.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'd rather have Gerbe raising hell in that spot, but that's just me.

Maybe we should put him on D. He hits more than most of our defensemen.

Edit: Looked it up, and w/ hits per 60 minutes, he hits more than all of our defenseman. He ties with Hainsey and Liles in absolute numbers, and only Faulk beats him.

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Maybe we should put him on D. He hits more than most of our defensemen.

Edit: Looked it up, and w/ hits per 60 minutes, he hits more than all of our defenseman. He ties with Hainsey and Liles in absolute numbers, and only Faulk beats him.

Forwards get more hits statistically than defenseman because they forecheck. That's why 7 of the top 10 in the league are forwards.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I like the Skinner Rask Lindholmes line. At this point Lindy and Skinner need some easier competition to up their confidence.

I agree with Lindholm, but competition hasn't really been Skinner's problem (as he's mostly been on the 3rd line). He's had gobs of scoring chances but just shoots wide, hits a post, hits the crossbar, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad