GDT: Canes vs. Leafs - What is Offense?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So if I understand the new OT rules correctly, it's 3-on-3 until a team takes a penalty. Then it's a 4-on-3 until that player gets out of the box, and then it's 4-on-4 until the next whistle?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
They never call that. And if he has two hands on his stick or he doesn't drop it it's not a penalty. I've watched guys get sticks whacked out of there hands for years and as long as the stick doesn't break, they rarely call it.

It's the second time it's been called against us from what I've actually watched of this dumpster fire and it's absolute garbage.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That call in general is a pet peeve of mine. You can two hand a guy as hard as you want and if he's strong enough to not drop his stick or break it it's a good defensive play. If the stick breaks it's a slash. It's dumb as ****.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Note that the players who scored all came in with speed rather than stopping in front of the net to make a fancy move.

Oh well, goodnight. Neither team deserved any points from that one.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
That call in general is a pet peeve of mine. You can two hand a guy as hard as you want and if he's strong enough to not drop his stick or break it it's a good defensive play. If the stick breaks it's a slash. It's dumb as ****.

I completely agree. There is every reason to grip your stick like a two year old if they keep calling it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad