GDT: Canes vs. Islanders: "Wait...I had something for this..."

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Oh, we've known for quite some time just how dangerous he is. It's just nice to finally see him on our side. What makes me happiest is how much better he makes Eric.
Oh I know Canes fans did from facing him all the time. I know he had your number.

But hopefully him succeeding on another team will help his image across the league and in the media. He was not the issue in Washington, at all.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Oh I know Canes fans did from facing him all the time. I know he had your number.

But hopefully him succeeding on another team will help his image across the league and in the media. He was not the issue in Washington, at all.

Seeing Semin and Boudreau both succeed outside of Washington, which is now failing miserably, serves as a healthy reminder to never buy into scapegoating.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

I think I was one of the few that didn't blame Semin. I was cheerleading for us to get him. Caps fans I am friends with said I was crazy for wanting Semin. Now they keep saying, oh just wait, you will see. Meanwhile they are silent on how bad the Caps are.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Corvo looked good tonight again. The image that stuck for me, was Mcbain in the far corner adjusting his helmet while the islander was pounding home one of their pp goals in front.

Nobody looked great, but big picture, we're one average damn from being a really good hockey team, I think.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Corvo looked good tonight again. The image that stuck for me, was Mcbain in the far corner adjusting his helmet while the islander was pounding home one of their pp goals in front.

Nobody looked great, but big picture, we're one average damn from being a really good hockey team, I think.

That's is all we really need. A legit 3/4 Defensive D.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
I still find it hilarious how he's arguably the best sniper in the NHL, and that's how he gets his 200th goal :laugh:. Anyways, congrats to him and the rest of the team. Shout out to Uh-oh Joe, who played great yet again.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Interesting side note. At the end of the islanders broadcast, they showed a dejected Tavares all by his own self alone on the bench after everyone left, head in his hands looking like he was crying he was so pissed. Slowly got up and got off, they then show the line of players going down the hallway and hamonic lost his **** and broke a stick with an over the head swing on something as he walked past.

Not a happy locker room. Not that it should be after that.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Did anyone feel that E. Staal suddenly started playing MUCH better (using his body to protect the puck, using his size and speed to win battles, forechecking well) after Skinner and Jordan generated their goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad