Confirmed with Link: Canes Sign Defenseman Jake Gardiner to 4 Year Contract

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I'm flat-out stunned. I don't have any idea what we're doing, but I love it. It's so much damn fun to be a fan of this team right now.

Obviously, we're over the cap now, so there's at least one more shoe to drop, but taken on its face, this is brilliant. Better player than de Haan for less money.

Somebody we really don't want to be traded is getting traded. I'm scared. Hold me.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm flat-out stunned. I don't have any idea what we're doing, but I love it. It's so much damn fun to be a fan of this team right now.

Obviously, we're over the cap now, so there's at least one more shoe to drop, but taken on its face, this is brilliant. Better player than de Haan for less money.

Somebody we really don't want to be traded is getting traded. I'm scared. Hold me.

I mean it’s gotta be Faulk or Hamilton. Probably TVR too at this point.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I mean, if we really had to, we could trade Faulk for peanuts at this point -- but I wonder if something bigger is coming.

I can't see Faulk moved right now. Rod leaned on him a lot in the Playoffs and his 15 team NTC hinders things. My bet would actually be on Hamilton or Pesce being moved in a bigger deal. Wondering how the Cap works out though.

Reactions: Hinterland

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
faulk traded

it makes too much sense to be anything else. being a pending ufa after extension negotiations failed has been a death knell for this group. from skinner to ferland to letting mrazek and mac hit free agency. they're serious about not getting burned like so many teams have by waiting for a decision and hoping it's the one they want. very proactive in resolving roster situations. similar to how they picked up nino after they couldn't get ferland done.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I can't see Faulk moved right now. Rod leaned on him a lot in the Playoffs and his 15 team NTC hinders things.

Except now there's not so much pressure to "get something good" for him. With Gardiner signed, Faulk is the odd man out. There's still 15 teams to work with, which is way better than the no teams we had with Skinner.

We'll recoup something for an expiring contract, and we've got arguably a better defenseman to replace him for the next four years. Send him back to Minnesota for picks.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I was baffled after trading DeHaan that they would do this, but if Faulk is out the door it makes more sense.

Of course, they could’ve kept DeHaan and still moved Faulk?

I like Jake and think he’s undervalued around hf, and we did get another ufa to sign with us for a seemingly appropriate salary. Much more of a puck mover than DeHaan but I don’t have him at the same defensive level as CDH.

Not sure I get it yet but I’m glad we added another lefty who can log minutes.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad