GDT: Canes @ Sabres 6 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Go for Three

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Also nice to see the Krebs contribute to something meaningful on a night when his line was again very active. I'm not sure I like having three hobbits hacking away out there all at once, but if that's working, keep rolling it out there.
Hey man, they took the ring to Mordor, they can do anything.

On another note, I said i'd start watching again once they cracked 3 in a row off, didn't think it would take this long, but I am true to my word, will be watching the next couple. So if they stink again you will all know it is my fault.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Krebs makes a great play on the Power goal, obviously. But watch Benson on that play too. He skates right through the crease and draws a man over to shove him out…leaving the side Power shoots into wide open.

Kid knows how to hockey.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Krebs makes a great play on the Power goal, obviously. But watch Benson on that play too. He skates right through the crease and draws a man over to shove him out…leaving the side Power shoots into wide open.

Kid knows how to hockey.
Key plays that they haven't made in a long time. Learning to set up and score goals in the O zone

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Also nice to see the Krebs contribute to something meaningful on a night when his line was again very active. I'm not sure I like having three hobbits hacking away out there all at once, but if that's working, keep rolling it out there.
The fellowship of the puck?

At the moment, he's the RW on that line. Perhaps that's their solution - Mitts centering the 2nd line with Cozens shifted to wing - to Quinn being out. It gets weird to think what happens if/when they move Girgensons. Who gets that mucking duty? Do they push someone in from Rochester or do they shuffle someone in from outside?

Also that Mitts line had poor showing tonight. I didn't get to see who they matched up with for two periods, curious if that continues or if they go back to being stronger at 5-on-5 than not like they were after being put together. Could be just a bad matchup night.
Mitts was a grenade. Greenway was slow to make decisions. Cozens was on. Also they rotate center because Cozens takes a lot of faceoffs it seems.

Went to the game, was awesome. The boo birds from those horrendous calls/non calls to fix the game for Carolina were as loud as ever.

Reactions: Dingo44

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
UPL in the net behind the hobbits invoking his inner Gandalf saying “you shall not pass!” meaning opposition pucks beyond his crease. But the hobbits thought it was the new power play plan

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Where was this team in October? November? December? January? Most of February?

They waited to show up for the season 6 days from the beginning of March?

It's too little too late unless they go on the most miraculous run in history.

Next season this team needs to show up for game 1, period 1, minute 1, second 1 if they're going to have a chance at real success. Can't wait until 70% of the season is over to start showing up.

Just makes this season all the more frustrating as we knew they had this in them the whole time.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
They got some bounces yesterday.

This game is the perfect illustration on how you make your luck. I felt the Sabres carried play most of the game, fought through a lot of tight checking, generated speed in the neutral zone, and battled in the blue paint.

He doesn't need this shit so close to retirement, the pension and the gold watch
1708961150201.png

Reactions: SundherDome

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
It's too little too late unless they go on the most miraculous run in history.

The #8 seed right now is on pace for 94 points. To match that we need 36 points in 24 games. That is something like an 18-6-0 record, or maybe 16-4-4. Is it far fetched? Yes, absolutely. Would it be the most miraculous run in history? No, I imagine several teams this year have eclipsed 0.750 point percentage over a 24 game period.

We also have 3 games left vs the Red Wings and 2 games left vs the Lightning, which helps because those are the teams we are chasing.

If UPL continues to play at a Vezina-level it's possible. Goalies are streaky though, so who knows.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
The #8 seed right now is on pace for 94 points. To match that we need 36 points in 24 games. That is something like an 18-6-0 record, or maybe 16-4-4. Is it far fetched? Yes, absolutely. Would it be the most miraculous run in history? No, I imagine several teams this year have eclipsed 0.750 point percentage over a 24 game period.

We also have 3 games left vs the Red Wings and 2 games left vs the Lightning, which helps because those are the teams we are chasing.

If UPL continues to play at a Vezina-level it's possible. Goalies are streaky though, so who knows.
1708963592906.png

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe I ask too much…but needing a shootout and a goal against whistled dead to beat a team on an extreme back to back with travel and a backup goalie doesn’t fill me with the same “where was this team in October?” vibe.

They still can’t score. They still need their goalie to stand on his head to have a 50/50 shot at winning. They’re still shit. But the pressure is off now and the worst thing that can happen is that they convince themselves this fake run is the real one and we do the same thing again next year. So that’s exactly what will happen. Because it isn’t a curse. It’s stupidity.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

A random team going 18-6 at some point during a season isn't miraculous.

This team going 18-6 to close out this particular season where they've had 1x 3 game win streak the entire season? That would take a miracle.

How many teams in history have gone 18-6 down the stretch to jump from 25th to 16th?

Reactions: DapperCam

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
A random team going 18-6 at some point during a season isn't miraculous.

This team going 18-6 to close out this particular season where they've had 1x 3 game win streak the entire season? That would take a miracle.

How many teams in history have gone 18-6 down the stretch to jump from 25th to 16th?
Blues went 30-10-5 in 2019

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Blues went 30-10-5 in 2019
So you're saying we need to match or exceed the most miraculous run in history? How does this change what I said originally? Am I taking crazy pills?

Blues went 14-6-4 their final 24 games. And they were already in a playoff position with 24 games to go.

EDIT: The blues went from 13th in points with 24 games remaining to 11th after going 14-6-4.

We need to go 18-6-0 our remaining 24 games.
21-6-0 our final 27 of which we've already played 3

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
So you're saying we need to match or exceed the most miraculous run in history? How does this change what I said originally? Am I taking crazy pills?

Blues went 14-6-4 their final 24 games. And they were already in a playoff position with 24 games to go.

EDIT: The blues went from 13th in points with 24 games remaining to 11th after going 14-6-4.

You aren’t taking crazy pills, you just aren’t taking into consideration that we traded for a Vezina-caliber goalie over the holiday break. How many teams have done that? ;)

Reactions: rams

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
When does Dahlin hit a wall on this 8 games in 11 days stretch? He's playing 30 minutes a game.
Power is back and humbled by the brysons of the world and seeing his way more detailed yet simple and AGGRESSIVE by watching and not worrying about f ing up due to BACKSTOP.

Hopefully the aren't satisfied about minor success and keep pushing.

Maybe score first etc

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Well at New Years in 2019 the Blues were 15-18-4 with 34 Points

Sabres at NY were 15-19-4 with 34 Points

Coincidence? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad