GDT: Canes @ Sabres 6 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Go for Three

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I have no problem with running Power out there again seeing as he was 100%. Seems like Martin had the book on the move so maybe time to switch him out now haha.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Is the salute really a big deal?

When you're bad or losing often it's not needed

But when you're winning please come/stay and celebrate with us/the fans

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Also nice to see the Krebs contribute to something meaningful on a night when his line was again very active. I'm not sure I like having three hobbits hacking away out there all at once, but if that's working, keep rolling it out there.
They’ve been playing a high event style from the looks of it, though not high event on theScore she sheet as not a lot of goals are going in when when they’re on. Might be a matter of time though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fans were great tonight. But that’s because so were the Sabres. The fans reacted well to them playing hard.

And that's where having a couple of guys on the team who finish their hits - and a staff that isn't actively averse to insisting upon it - gets the fans into the game. WNY hockey fans wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they had a team that played the way the Panthers do but having some guys taking runs at the other team pulls the fans in and the fans can pull the rest of the players along with them.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
And that's where having a couple of guys on the team who finish their hits - and a staff that isn't actively averse to insisting upon it - gets the fans into the game. WNY hockey fans wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they had a team that played the way the Panthers do but having some guys taking runs at the other team pulls the fans in and the fans can pull the rest of the players along with them.
Tuch is kind of looking back to his old self, which might be making all the difference?

That was a fun game

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
We also don't know how these guys are in practice with these things. People used to talk about how Tallinder was money in practice against every goalie on the team but almost never got a chance to show it in the SO. It's possible Power is very good at it under those conditions and that's why he got the opportunity.
Power was 2/2 100% for his career

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They’ve been playing a high event style from the looks of it, though not high event on theScore she sheet as not a lot of goals are going when when they’re on. Might be a matter of time though.

NST seems to have them winning their SCF/SCA matchup most nights but I haven't looked for full line numbers like over at Moneypuck...

Hmmmm.... looking there and they are surprisingly one of their lowest forward combos at XGA/60 for the season. Well that was not what I was expecting but that means they're either not giving up higher danger chances and/or they are keeping teams from getting to those places by their disruptiveness. Seems like there is a gap in terms of their productivity in that model - 11th in xGF/60 of all the Sabres' forward combos this year over 40 minutes of TOI out of 15 such combos. Interesting.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Yep. I was trying to be sarcastic. That guy is the worst AHL ref I've seen the last three years and now he's the worst NHL ref - which is saying something in this trash officiated league.
JST was reffing the Amerks game friday night

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Also nice to see the Krebs contribute to something meaningful on a night when his line was again very active. I'm not sure I like having three hobbits hacking away out there all at once, but if that's working, keep rolling it out there.
Bro, the hobbits brought down the Eye of Sauron. Aggressive third line play is easy work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad