Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Rangers 1/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Here's to hoping they turned a bit of a corner in the second half of the game last night (only able to watch highlights). Nash's goal won't get it done in the playoffs.

Glad Hank is OK.

What do you mean?

Ward stood on his head in the 3rd period

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Fast is like having Blair Betts in the top 9 doesn't put up any pts

I don't get why anyone would consider themselves a Jesper Fast fan

Remember you saying he "wasn't even close to being an NHL player" a few months ago?

You have such a clear agenda against this kid for some reason. He's fine at what he does and he has plenty of time to get better.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's to hoping they turned a bit of a corner in the second half of the game last night (only able to watch highlights). Nash's goal won't get it done in the playoffs.

Glad Hank is OK.

Neither will Pacioretty's against playoff Hank.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Considering Callahan was ideally a very good second line player, I wonder why a "poor-man's" Callahan will be the same.

Present vs Future. Absolute ceiling Fast is probably a very good second line player, which is what Callahan is (although you could say at his best, Callahan is a first liner).

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
No goalie ever has given up a soft goal in a playoff game.

Did I say that? Don't remember saying that.

Soft goal. Nothing more.

If you think goalies make a habit of it in play-offs then yes I disagree.

Will take em any way we can get them but I'd like to see him earn them.

Not a ridiculous thing to want. At least in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
Staal has been fantastic since he signed his extension. Closest he's looked to his 2010 self in quite sometime. His stickwork in the offensive and defensive zone has improved drastically and he was one of the only defensemen attempting to (responsibly) create some offense.

Considering the unfortunate series of injuries he suffered, and how he has steadily improved this season, I am thankful that he was re-signed. I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that he plays like he did before the injuries started.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Staal has been fantastic since he signed his extension. Closest he's looked to his 2010 self in quite sometime. His stickwork in the offensive and defensive zone has improved drastically and he was one of the only defensemen attempting to (responsibly) create some offense.

Considering the unfortunate series of injuries he suffered, and how he has steadily improved this season, I am thankful that he was re-signed. I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that he plays like he did before the injuries started.

THIS. He looks really solid out there. He's skating faster, more creative with the puck, effectively cycling, and is really working his ass off to make the little things happen. He's getting more and more physical, which is a huge plus for us too. we need that on the back end

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The bigger playoff concern for me is that we will likely be playing the Isles or Pens, not the Canes.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Did anyone else think that at least in the 2nd half of the game yesterday McDonagh was extremely solid?

Yeah, he looked better. Problem is really that he's been trying to play like a rover this season and while he has the skating ability for that, he doesn't really have the instincts for it and it's lead to him being inconsistent over the season. He needs to let the game come to him on defense and maybe try not to step up quite as much at the offensive blueline.

at least that's my idea

We're 3-0-1 against the Pens. We've beaten good teams...

Word. It's not "good" teams the Rangers have struggled against, it's teams that play a very specific style and the Isles happen to play that style. I think over a 7 game series the Rangers would adapt but they definitely struggle when a team plays a very hard 2 man forecheck. I think they adapted pretty well to it last games against the Isles after the 1st period (they were moving the puck out of the defensive zone a lot better and not getting trapped) but yeah I'm not really hoping they face a team like that in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad