Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Rangers 1/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was critical of the team tonight, but that was an excellent 2nd half of the game.

There's many good games to choose from, but I thought that was one of Hank's all-time classic performances.

3 stars to come. Happy February.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not the best game of Lundqvist's career, but easily the gutsiest. Amazing game, and I can only tip my hat to him for staying in there.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Hope this game will get the team back on track.

Hank was a beast tonight.

Hank
Kreider
Hayes

BarbaraAlphanse

So happy that Hayes and Kreider finally found themselves on the same line - not only because I'm a proud BC alum who has met both, but because Kreider is exactly the guy that Hayes needs to emulate. Hopefully Kreider's edge and mentality rubs off on Hayes. Tonight, it did. Let it continue to grow. Hayes needs a mean streak. And boy what a beast he would be with a little more aggressiveness and physicality in his repertoire.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The Carolina broadcast said that this will only add to the legend of Henrik Lundqvist.

I ride the guy harder than almost everyone here, but tonight's performance is why I absolutely love him.

If he can get one Cup, he will be the Derek Jeter of New York hockey.

BTW, Chris Kreider was amazing tonight.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
First period we were sloppy and lucky. Second period we sucked the first half and after that we were really strong. I think Carolina played last night--part of it was they kind of wilted.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ryan Mc. & Boyle have both steped up their game for sure, and I hope it continue on monday. :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ryan Mc. & Boyle have both steped up their game for sure, and I hope it continue on monday. :)

McDonagh was less of a fire tonight, and Boyle was really good aside from his mistake on the goal. It's a start, that's for sure.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Kreider is playing full beast mode again, if he can keep this up for the rest of the season he will come close to 30 goals on the season ( he won't though, but man do I wish he could consistently play like this)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just as at times he negatively amazes me, it's games like this that let my jaw drop at Lundqvist sometimes. I wish this were a more important game, I feel like it'll get lost in the shuffle. If that were a playoff game that would be the stuff of legends.

GFiP*

Nice 3rd period. But the effort tonight won't get it done against good teams.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Fast and Kreider had outstanding games. The 3rd period was excellent. Lundqvist was amazing and even though he'll have a brain fart time to time, there's no questioning his toughness or passion and the guy is everything I want in a New York Ranger.

Hopefully this momentum carries over to the next one.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Just as at times he negatively amazes me, it's games like this that let my jaw drop at Lundqvist sometimes. I wish this were a more important game, I feel like it'll get lost in the shuffle. If that were a playoff game that would be the stuff of legends.

Rangers fans will know and quite frankly, that's all that really matters. I hope it never happens in a playoff game because I'm not sure I would recover as fast as Lundqvist would. :laugh:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fast is like having Blair Betts in the top 9 doesn't put up any pts

I don't get why anyone would consider themselves a Jesper Fast fan

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Good turnaround in the last 30 minutes. We started out really sloppy and were lucky to be two goals up. Hank (WARRIOR) was immense and was the only reason we stayed ahead.

The line changes were long overdue but they happened and it seemed to revive the squad. St. Louis, as I've been saying many times, needs to play with Nash. The two read each other like a book. Hayes also looks a completely different player when he has quality alongside of him.

There have been a few coaches who are always changing around the lines, Mike Keenan was one of them. AV is obviously not that kind of coach and it took several games for him to do the obvious but it really looks like this team shifts gears when there's a shakeup. Our biggest problem over stretches of games is that we fall into a rut and this is a logical way of slapping our players on the back of the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad