Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Rangers 1/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Tanner only minus on the team in a 4-1 win . You can't even make it up lol

I only saw the 3rd period but Mr. Glass seemed ok. I have him above Mr. Stempniak for the 12th forward. Though Id like to see Lindberg over both of 'em. (I'll go with AV's gut on this though)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys I know I probably shouldn't go off on this tangent but what do you think of msl's play? I mean is he saving his best for the playoffs? I don't wanna say he's too old because he does stay in amazing shape but he really hasn't impressed at all in now probably the last 3 weeks or so

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hey guys I know I probably shouldn't go off on this tangent but what do you think of msl's play? I mean is he saving his best for the playoffs? I don't wanna say he's too old because he does stay in amazing shape but he really hasn't impressed at all in now probably the last 3 weeks or so
I think he will be fine. Not great lately but also a biy snakebit. He doesnt look slow or overmatched. I expect a big stretchrun and playoff.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Honestly I thought the lines were HORRIBLE outside of the Kreider, Zucc, Hayes trio.

MSL, Nash and Stepan, to me, showed absolutely no chemistry whatsoever. very individual play out there.

the hagelin, brassard, and fasth line was...better than the stepan line, but that wasnt saying much...they did a good job of holding the puck in from time to time, and forechecked well, but again, chemistry was an issue.

the 4th line sucked, particularly the wingers...Glass...well he sucks, and Miller didnt have a good game, he'll bounce back, i have faith, but, you know AV will bench him after tonight...blech. Moore was strong, but having to play with 1 anchor and 1 kid struggling, isnt easy.

the lack of chemistry was apparent everywhere except the Hayes line, which was just ridiculously good.

Personally, Id get MSL off that line.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash (get nash some speed)
Kreider - Hayes - Zucc (Because, you'd be a frikkin moron to break up this line after the game they just had)
Stempniak - Brassard- MSL (because i like having 2 guys on their off wings with a playmaker like Brassard)
Miller - Moore - Fasth (because I like the defensive smarts guys like Moore & Fasth would bring to a kid who needs to settle down in Miller)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash (get nash some speed)
Kreider - Hayes - Zucc (Because, you'd be a frikkin moron to break up this line after the game they just had)
Stempniak - Brassard- MSL (because i like having 2 guys on their off wings with a playmaker like Brassard)
Miller - Moore - Fasth (because I like the defensive smarts guys like Moore & Fasth would bring to a kid who needs to settle down in Miller)[/QUOTE]
How about Miller-Brassard-MSL and Lindberg-Moore-Fast?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Fast is like having Blair Betts in the top 9 doesn't put up any pts

I don't get why anyone would consider themselves a Jesper Fast fan

Literally shaking my head at this.

Can't count the times I've read or heard about this kid's sound smart play from experienced hockey people. Now he's starting to get the stats to prove it.

A 6th rounder, sheesh.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Zuke with the same votes as Glass is unreal, thought zuke was having a solid game.

The third goal was because of a strong forecheck by zuke..

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
As much as i like hagelin, I really do. I feel like his offense has just become a black hole. Last year he was much more noticeable. Now i feel like it's just speed and forecheck off the speed but when it comes to offensive he's just...ugh.

Not to say he's Tanner A+ Glass out there but geez

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I really like what AV did with the lines.

When you've got, in some permutation:

Hagelin-Moore-Miller
Fast-Hayes-Glass
Stempniak

as your bottom 2 lines, the chances of any sort of positive production is minimal. The lines of the last half last night spread the wealth around a little bit and it showed.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have just 3 things to say:

- Dominic Moore is a great player! What a sick SHG!!!
- Kreider is over his slump after his grandfather passed away and looks like a true 1st round pick
- Lundqvist is the best goalie in the league

Vickers8

I have just 3 things to say:

- Dominic Moore is a great player! What a sick SHG!!!
- Kreider is over his slump after his grandfather passed away and looks like a true 1st round pick
- Lundqvist is the best goalie in the league

I agree with all 3

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zuke with the same votes as Glass is unreal, thought zuke was having a solid game.

The third goal was because of a strong forecheck by zuke..

Anything but first star performance this season is a bust and must be looked down at.

Im happy they manage to squeeze out a win, hopefully this gets the team rolling again.

But man would we be boned without Hank

BarbaraAlphanse

Wish Miller lands on a line w/ Zucc, eventually.

However, that Hayes Zucc Kreider line was fire.

MSL Step Nash has to be broken up. It was debatably our worst line. That's saying something when you have Tanner Glass on a completely separate line.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
welp we finally found some new line chemistry, woo!!

I would like to see this next game:

Nash-Stepan-Miller/Stempniak
Hagelin-Brassard-MSL
Kreider-Hayes-Zucc
Fast-Moore-Stempniak/Miller

These lines make sense... here's why

Line 1. It's about time Stepan and Nash were put back together. Step's IQ is too high to not be playing with Nash this year. Miller might not be cut out for those 1st line duties, but Stempniak has the ability to drive possession. Step has a tendency to make players better when he plays with them. We have a guy who is very good and competent at everything--let's get him some playing time to produce offense. Just so happens that our top goal scorer thrives with players that drive possession--Stempniak turns out to be one of our top possession players.

Line 2: Hagelin and MSL are GREAT when they play together. Hagelin's board work is great, and since he drives possession he's able to get the puck to the players who can finish the play and put the puck in the net. MSL can do that on a regular basis. Brassard has really matured into a solid #2 Centerman... Put MSL there. Hagelin's speed negates the lack of size.

Line 3: The BC line. let's keep it where it is. Keeps Zucc away from top competition, and gives him more room with the puck. Zucc and Hayes drive possession BIG TIME, while Hayes has such soft hands on the puck. Combined with Kreider finishing, it's a no brainer. can't believe I never thought of this.

Line 4: Miller and Stempniak are interchangeable at this point, they are both versatile wingers. Miller can be, and should be physical with his play. the 4th line is a great place to do that. Fast and Moore are a great combo. I happen to like the chemistry of Moore and Stempniak, but I'd like to see what Stemp can do in a higher role anyway, so Miller most likely stays in this spot.

We need to get another top 9 forward who can play on a regular basis, and Glass needs to be shipped out to a bottom feeder no later than July 2nd, preferably by the deadline

THIS is spreading the depth. THIS is distributing talent on the roster, not loading it up into the top 6 and just accepting that when your top 6 slumps you just have to forfeit games. We can't have that happen. Every line needs a set of tools to produce offensively while playing sound defensively. Notice that each of these lines have an solid/elite defensive player (Stepan/Nash, Hagelin, Zucc, Moore).

Last edited:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Here's to hoping they turned a bit of a corner in the second half of the game last night (only able to watch highlights). Nash's goal won't get it done in the playoffs.

Glad Hank is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad