Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Rangers 1/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
To me he represents a Swedish Stepan-Lite (Ability to forecheck, Above average IQ, 2-Way play). He has been a scorer and dependable player at every point in his career and has shown that he adjusts well to the learning curve of elevating his play in new leagues. He has always shown improvement. AV has said that he is a standout for consistency and improvement, and with his recent games, you can see that while he's not the best player out on the ice, he's noticeable for doing the right things in a stable consistent way, especially while pressuring on the forecheck.

We have this really strange glut of young players who can essentially just be slotted up and down the line-up in Miller/Fast/Hayes with a really stable core. What is not to like... He's a good young player who is in a great position to grow and he's growing. What is not to like?

He's defensively responsible, positionally sound. He's not yet much of an offensive threat and he's at times too reluctant to shoot. But he's an asset to a fourth line, and with good coaching can develop into a lot more.

I know a lot of folks think I'm jumping the gun, but, barring a collapse or major injuries, my thoughts are the top eight teams in the East for the playoffs are in fact set (Rangers 8 points in front of Florida and a far superior team - watch them prove me wrong Monday (lol), and 9 in front of Philly with 4 games in hand, and also a better team). Therefore, I think we should be trying to develop some chemistry and working on getting players like Miller integrated into the team, instead of using players like Tanner Glass and Stempniak. I would not mind bringing up a player or two from the minors and letting them get their feet wet.

Carolina did not play like a bottom feeder tonight. Remember, they were also 7-2-2 in January before tonight. Like everyone else, I have been concerned about McD, but I thought he was coming around tonight. Hope it continues. Also, John Moore looked pretty good tonight.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tanner only minus on the team in a 4-1 win . You can't even make it up lol

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Same guy who preferred Tanner Glass over him so I wouldn't put much when it comes to the poster posting about Fast.

I wonder if Fast stole his girl. I can't imagine this type of hatred. I know I trash Lundqvist from time to time but I give him props when it's deserved. Saying that the worst player in the NHL should play instead of a useful and improving young player is amazing.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
MSL unlucky again with finishing, but he will score eventually.
He had a great defensive play earlier though. :)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I wonder if Fast stole his girl. I can't imagine this type of hatred. I know I trash Lundqvist from time to time but I give him props when it's deserved. Saying that the worst player in the NHL should play instead of a useful and improving young player is amazing.

To be fair, he wasn't the only one. My bad for singling out.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 11m11 minutes ago
How bout this stat from #NYR/Elias: Jesper Fast leads #NHL in shorthanded ice time without being on 4 a PP goal against this season (35:19)

I'm a fan of that.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 11m11 minutes ago
How bout this stat from #NYR/Elias: Jesper Fast leads #NHL in shorthanded ice time without being on 4 a PP goal against this season (35:19)

I'm a fan of that.

Yea it's nice but there is no way that is meaningful in the least.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
To me he represents a Swedish Stepan-Lite (Ability to forecheck, Above average IQ, 2-Way play). He has been a scorer and dependable player at every point in his career and has shown that he adjusts well to the learning curve of elevating his play in new leagues. He has always shown improvement. AV has said that he is a standout for consistency and improvement, and with his recent games, you can see that while he's not the best player out on the ice, he's noticeable for doing the right things in a stable consistent way, especially while pressuring on the forecheck.

We have this really strange glut of young players who can essentially just be slotted up and down the line-up in Miller/Fast/Hayes with a really stable core. What is not to like... He's a good young player who is in a great position to grow and he's growing. What is not to like?

Yeah, J. Fast performance recently has been great - he could easy have 2 pts. this night with one in the post with a great pass from Brassard, just unlucky.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
Fast had another really good game..... for the role hes being asked to play hes doing a good job... and you can see him gaining confidence with the puck... the points will come... hes done it at every other level already....

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Fast is like having Blair Betts in the top 9 doesn't put up any pts

I don't get why anyone would consider themselves a Jesper Fast fan

Fast reminds me of a poor-man's Callahan. Could see him becoming a very good second line player.

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
Another Fun Fact: Chris Mueller is still ahead of Tanner Glass in points and he hasn't played in almost 3 months.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So Valliquette is a closet islanders fan? Bitter for leaving the rangers or something?

Something along the lines of "we won the last 3 against the rangers"

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hank was off the charts tonight, very glad he's okay.

Kreider was in beast mode, he's unreal when he plays like that.

Not sure about Derick Brassard as the 3rd line center.

Why was Miller STILL on the 4th line with all the shuffling. Love Fast, but I'd swap him and Miller. Miller looked great, buzzing all night making chances and playing gritty. I guess baby steps, at least he's still in the lineup.

Another great game from Marc Staal. He's seriously been playing like a 1D lately. Like he wants to make sure he does't read articles about how he's overpaid and doesn't live up to the contract.

I like Nash-Step-MSL together.

Hayes looked awesome with Kreider.

Dom Moore with the doozy, love Zucc leaning into him and you can tell by his lips that he said: "Oh my god!" so funny.

Glad Dan Boyle got a goal. It's been rough for him lately, hopefully he gets his confidence boosted now.

I think the worst thing is that Glass didnt' look that bad. Even him playing well, I don't want him as a regular. Out there for another goal against. Anyone see in the 3rd period we had some zone pressure going with his line and one of the D made a nice keep in at the blue line and passed to a wide open Glass in the high slot and he literally just had the puck on his stick for 3 seconds and didn't know what to do and just shot it at the boards. Wow.

Vidic15*

I was definitely wrong on Fast earlier this season. I didn't see a NHL player but he has proven me wrong. The kid has good potential.

I'm disgusted at how short a leash Miller has compared to Glass. We cannot go into the playoffs with this man as our extra forward.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Fast reminds me of a poor-man's Callahan. Could see him becoming a very good second line player.

I agree he's similar to Callahan, I've thought it ever since he's been on the team. Right handed, smallish, hits everything in sight.

He had a pretty epic toe drag tonight too.

I'm disgusted at how short a leash Miller has compared to Glass. We cannot go into the playoffs with this man as our extra forward.

We won't. He'll be a regular on the 4th line :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad