Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Caps 1:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
What kind of avatar you would like to have if Siegenthaler won't go down after Kempny being reassigned to active roster?
Siege is a similar profile to Sami Lepisto who plays now on a KHL Finnish team. If you accept to take Jokerit logo as your avatar for one month once Siege is sent down to AHL then Kempny touches the NHL game ice, in this case I am ready to wear a swiss cheese avatar picture for one month, if Siege is on the ice then Kempny is back.
swisscheese.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Raikkonen

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I will also admit that I was impressed with the Carolina fan base. They cheered Wilson getting hit with a shot and being high sticked in the mouth.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I thought the Caps played a great game. First Aho goal was weak or the score wouldn't have been as close. Not that there is any shame in giving up a goal to Aho, he is a really good player. Holtby also more than made up for it with some great saves in this game.

Special teams were the key and the Caps PK is looking good.

Canes were a nice story last season, if a bit manufactured, but honestly I hope they miss the playoffs. I really dislike coaches who act like they are still players and Brind'Amour is the epitome of that.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Before they miss playoffs Id like to see someone punching that punk Foegele

Because of the hit vs Oshie? That was a 5min major but no intent behind. Very unlucky injury for Oshie.
If anyone deserves to get punched, it's McGinn who intended to concuss Sgarbossa. Easily the worst hit I've seen in a while.

Reactions: searle, 895 and um

Jun 15, 2007
Nah I agree, it was just unlucky.

Every single Tom Wilson hit will be defended by people here. He's just a big boy who skates fast. What was he supposed to do? Not make that hit? Is this hockey or figure skating?

Meanwhile every single opposition hit was made with ill intent and malice.

Aren't we lucky that our team only employs saints and good guys. And damn, why do those opposition teams always employ gutless punks?

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Nah I agree, it was just unlucky.

Every single Tom Wilson hit will be defended by people here. He's just a big boy who skates fast. What was he supposed to do? Not make that hit? Is this hockey or figure skating?

Meanwhile every single opposition hit was made with ill intent and malice.

Aren't we lucky that our team only employs saints and good guys. And damn, why do those opposition teams always employ gutless punks?

I think this is sarcasm but just in case it isn't. We are not the type of fans who defend our guys on every hit.

Jun 15, 2007
I think this is sarcasm but just in case it isn't. We are not the type of fans who defend our guys on every hit.
This board, on the whole, defends every Wilson hit. You can bring up those threads if you don't believe me. People still complain that he shouldn't have been suspended.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
This won't go over well.

Maybe. It was a bad foul and a bad hit from behind. But it wasn't forceful and I don't think Foegele wanted to hurt Oshie. This is how I saw it and I don't need everybody to agree with me.

That McGinn hit is different. It was a forceful hit to the head and blatantly intentional. If that's not a suspension then I don't know what is.

Reactions: searle

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Maybe. It was a bad foul and a bad hit from behind. But it wasn't forceful and I don't think Foegele wanted to hurt Oshie. This is how I saw it and I don't need everybody to agree with me.

That McGinn hit is different. It was a forceful hit to the head and blatantly intentional. If that's not a suspension then I don't know what is.
Tell that to the droves of Canes fans that have wandered into that thread to stick up for their boy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This board, on the whole, defends every Wilson hit. You can bring up those threads if you don't believe me. People still complain that he shouldn't have been suspended.

Maybe I am wearing Caps colored glasses but I saw a lot of people here calling out Wilson for the dumb stuff he has done.

Maybe criticizing the length of suspensions but not that he didn't deserve something. I will say, for the record, that I didn't think he deserved anything for that hit on Aston-Reese.

Jun 15, 2007
Maybe I am wearing Caps colored glasses but I saw a lot of people here calling out Wilson for the dumb stuff he has done.

Maybe criticizing the length of suspensions but not that he didn't deserve something. I will say, for the record, that I didn't think he deserved anything for that hit on Aston-Reese.

You literally said the 20 game suspension hit was not illegal

GDT: - Cup Champs v. Blues: Sunday, Sept. 30th

Jun 15, 2007
Some more highlights from that thread

Front on, low, not late.

Not sure what else he could do here besides choose not to hit.

The only reason Wilson will get suspended is because the other guy is bad at hockey and thought he could watch his pass gliding through the slot. Guarantee he doesn’t do it again but that doesn’t help Tom unfortunately.

How do we know he didn't do it on behalf of the rest of the team for Kempny?

People forget that Ovie almost killed a former teammate early in his career and still threw questionable hits for years after. If hitting is a big part of your game it’s tough to figure out how to keep it without getting in trouble. Willy threw a big hit. He didn’t “target” the head because contrary to what the mains think he’s not a headhunter. He’s a huge kid with a lot of force. He’s been focused on improving his skill and defensive game and he has succeeded in that. Now he needs to focus on modifying his hitting game. And I think he will. Meanwhile the Blues player seems to be fine. The suspension will be a bummer but ultimately this all much ado about very little, IMO.

P.S. I’ll still be wearing his sweater tonight.

All from regulars on this board, not randoms.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You literally said the 20 game suspension hit was not illegal

GDT: - Cup Champs v. Blues: Sunday, Sept. 30th

Oh I remember for sure. In my defense I did not see the angle that I later saw.

And also in my defense I think Sundqvist coming across the middle like that was stupid. I needed to adjust my thinking to how the league is now and not what it was five years ago or when I grew up.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I am terribly disappointed that the Caps home opener vs Carolina is the back end of a back to back with travel and the 3rd game in 4 nights. That sucks. Its not right for the league to hand a team a schedule L for their home opener against a primary rival. Sucks

I get that you like the Canes, and they are a solid team, but how is that an automatic loss? What was the Capitals record against the Canes last regular season? 4-0-0?

Our schedule isn't that bad. Every team goes through bad stretches. I don't mind it that Capitals have their bad stretch during October, to be honest.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I get that you like the Canes, and they are a solid team, but how is that an automatic loss? What was the Capitals record against the Canes last regular season? 4-0-0?

Our schedule isn't that bad. Every team goes through bad stretches. I don't mind it that Capitals have their bad stretch during October, to be honest.

Lets clear some things up. I don't like the Canes. I just live down here. In fact at present I don't like them at all. That was the point of that post.

Vogel calls games like that one a schedule loss. I realize there are people that think playing the back end of a back to back against a rested team is no disadvantage. I don't agree with that. The Caps record on back to backs wasn't good last season IIRC. The back end of a back to back and the 3rd game in 4 nights is even harder. An automatic loss? No. I major disadvantage, yes.

Sure. Our schedule isn't that bad and every one gets back to backs and 3 in 4 and 4 in 6. I get that. I just object to that being the case for the Caps home opener against that particular team. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad