Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Caps 1:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
26 Hits for Caps. 7 for Canes.

Caps have lots of good hitters this year.

So far on pre-season games:

PlayerHits
Garnet Hathaway14
Martin Fehervary9
Jonas Siegenthaler9
Beck Malenstyn8
Tom Wilson8
Radko Gudas8
Liam O'Brien6
Brendan Leipsic6
Alex Ovechkin5
Tyler Lewington5
Richard Panik5
Nick Jensen5
T.J. Oshie5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So, I thought he was an offensive defensemen with his skating speed and all but he's a defense first player like Jensen? Interesting

Fever has always been a defensive defender that has offensive tools but they haven't shown yet. That actually was the knock on him, but I think the more he gets used to the NA rinks and as he grows in confidence and fills out, he has the potential to put up points.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Orlov has had some questionable moments this game. also Backstrom looks a lot slower

and Stephenson actually lookin good ?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Switched to the radio feed. Canes play by play guy is fantastic.

I'm pretty sure the radio and tv guys are the same. Cost saving. Dallas does the same thing.

Carolina Hurricanes radio play-by-play announcer Chuck Kaiton has covered the franchise since 1979. But that will end this season as the 66-year-old Hockey Hall of Fame broadcaster declined an offer that asked him to take an 80% pay cut, according to The News & Observer, which spoke to Kaiton's agent, Lou Oppenheim.

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
So, I thought he was an offensive defensemen with his skating speed and all but he's a defense first player like Jensen? Interesting
Both he and Reirden have compared his game to Kempy’s. Jensen has been compared to Kempny as well though, so that seems like a fair comparison. I feel like Fehervary’s skating is elite enough to give him a higher offensive upside, but that side of his game is still pretty raw and will need to be cultivated for years to come.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The aggression of wave after wave of Caps going after the puck and hemming the Canes in for past 5 minutes near the end of the game. Feels like the Caps are the ones trying to tie it up at the end. Love it

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Before he was even drafted by the Caps, Fehervary said he compared himself most to Kempny which was pretty interesting.

Ive heard that several times. Kempny's puck moving game is better than his defender game though. This kid looks not like that.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am terribly disappointed that the Caps home opener vs Carolina is the back end of a back to back with travel and the 3rd game in 4 nights. That sucks. Its not right for the league to hand a team a schedule L for their home opener against a primary rival. Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille