Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Caps 1:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
I am terribly disappointed that the Caps home opener vs Carolina is the back end of a back to back with travel and the 3rd game in 4 nights. That sucks. Its not right for the league to hand a team a schedule L for their home opener against a primary rival. Sucks
Cheer up

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I am terribly disappointed that the Caps home opener vs Carolina is the back end of a back to back with travel and the 3rd game in 4 nights. That sucks. Its not right for the league to hand a team a schedule L for their home opener against a primary rival. Sucks

I am looking forward to that game, particularly who knocks Foegele out.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So...is he saying that the chirpfest was started by Carolina coaches?? Seriously? Oh brother.

If you watch the replay, it looks like tom says something to one of the players and as he is skating away, good ole Rod says something and that sends Tom into a spat. Have no idea what is said, but I would love to see that one go down.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
Reactions: Corby78

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
BTW...tickets for that game were free. that is why it was so full. Usually the Canes Carnival is the first pre season game. Ive been to it. This time they held it for the last game

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
BTW...tickets for that game were free. that is why it was so full. Usually the Canes Carnival is the first pre season game. Ive been to it. This time they held it for the last game
No wonder it was packed for a preseason game.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

It's ok Tex. Its game 3 of an 82 game season. Breath :laugh:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
If you watch the replay, it looks like tom says something to one of the players and as he is skating away, good ole Rod says something and that sends Tom into a spat. Have no idea what is said, but I would love to see that one go down.

I loved Brindamour as a player. Watching him last season and some of the stuff he said during the playoff series against the Caps, not a fan at all anymore.

Reactions: JenniferH

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just watching the game...2nd shift, 2nd turnover in his own zone from Fehervary...is it gonna get better?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I loved Brindamour as a player. Watching him last season and some of the stuff he said during the playoff series against the Caps, not a fan at all anymore.

I don't care about every word Coaches say over a season. They have to talk a lot in those press conferences and may get sick of it sometimes. He was a great player and he's a great coach. That's what counts.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's ok Tex. Its game 3 of an 82 game season. Breath :laugh:

Stop. I live down here. Kicking their ass in that game after today's thing is important to me at least. I am not worried about the season. I don't want them to lose to Carolina.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

As I recall, similar behavior was on display during the playoffs last season.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Just about halfway through the game so I just watched that hit. Should be good for a long suspension. Gudas has received suspensions for much less.

This is a very bad headshot. Sgarbossa is in upright position, yet still McGinn intentionally launches upwards to make full contact with his head.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Siegenthaler leads Caps with 5 giveaways. Worst player in pre-season with turnovers.

Just forget about that stat. It's completely useless because very inaccurate. Hits and Blocks are inaccurate, too but take- and giveaways are one big joke. Don't ever mention it.

I was talking about Fehervary. I think they made a huge mistake by not letting him prepare for the season in Hershey. He wasn't good in all preseason games he played and he's wasn't good against the Canes either...at least over the first 40mins I've watched. Again, two giveaways in his own zone after two shifts pretty much telling the story. He shouldn't be with the Caps at this point.

Siegenthaler wasn't good this preseason but that's probably because of his knee surgery during off season. He was mighty strong over the first 40mins of the game vs the Canes though.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Just forget about that stat. It's completely useless because very inaccurate. Hits and Blocks are inaccurate, too but take- and giveaways are one big joke. Don't ever mention it.

I was talking about Fehervary. I think they made a huge mistake by not letting him prepare for the season in Hershey. He wasn't good in all preseason games he played and he's wasn't good against the Canes either...at least over the first 40mins I've watched. Again, two giveaways in his own zone after two shifts pretty much telling the story. He shouldn't be with the Caps at this point.

Siegenthaler wasn't good this preseason but that's probably because of his knee surgery during off season. He was mighty strong over the first 40mins of the game vs the Canes though.
Siegenthaler was not only bad this preseason. He was terrible the last season too. The knee surgery did change nothing. At this point he is not a 5/6 NHL D. With Kempny back Siegenthaler will go down to Hershey.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Siegenthaler was not only bad this preseason. He was terrible the last season too. The knee surgery did change nothing. At this point he is not a 5/6 NHL D. With Kempny back Siegenthaler will go down to Hershey.

Lol:laugh:
This is so laughable, it's not even worth an answer:help:

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Lol:laugh:
This is so laughable, it's not even worth an answer:help:
Siegenthaler is not an NHL 5/6 defenseman yet. The only reason he is with the team is that Caps have not many NHL ready LDs. If he does not elevate his level, in several years he will most probably play on a team like Vitas or Dumpass in KHL. Goodluck to watch his games then. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad