OT: Canes Board Lounge IX: You Can't Lock this out (Until it hits 1,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
my tv show marathoning loves:

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Californication
Big Bang Theory
Archer (thanks to that one GDT lol)
Spartacus

One of these things is not like the others.

Also I'm hoping that NC State does beat Temple so the PNC can get another banner.

Yes, I still find it hilarious that those 2nd round banners exist.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
That would have been funny five years ago... but we've since redone our banners and have made them much more reasonable. Our NCAA Tournament appearances are now on just one banner.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
That would have been funny five years ago... but we've since redone our banners and have made them much more reasonable. Our NCAA Tournament appearances are now on just one banner.

What about the football team and their Coastal Division Championship rings? :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
So I'm watching Weeds right now (shocker, I know) and there's a scene that came up in which the main character is looking through her old high school yearbook...and there's a student named David Steckel. Just figured I'd throw it out there.

MovesLikeJagr

Jan 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone had a jersey customized at the eye? I have a blank koho jersey I received for Christmas in 05, thinking about getting a former player, think they'd do a jersey that old?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Has anyone had a jersey customized at the eye? I have a blank koho jersey I received for Christmas in 05, thinking about getting a former player, think they'd do a jersey that old?

Just cut out the middle man. Send it straight to Exclusive Pro which is who they use for jerseys that get sent off to be worked on. Exclusive Pro will do any jersey, any player, any era. Have my wife's away jersey and my hird jersey with them right now. They've also done my home jersey, my wife's third jersey, and my Pens winter classic jersey. Great work all around.

MovesLikeJagr

Jan 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Just cut out the middle man. Send it straight to Exclusive Pro which is who they use for jerseys that get sent off to be worked on. Exclusive Pro will do any jersey, any player, any era. Have my wife's away jersey and my hird jersey with them right now. They've also done my home jersey, my wife's third jersey, and my Pens winter classic jersey. Great work all around.
You're a lifesaver, thank you sir!

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
You're a lifesaver, thank you sir!

No problem at all - let me know if you have any questions about ordering/working with them. They can also take a heat pressed jersey and strip it and recustomize it. They did that with my Pens winter classic jersey. When my wife got it for me, she got it precustomized from shop.nhl.com not knowing that the were using crappy heat pressing now - so FYI if anybody out there has ugly heat pressing they'd like to have redone...

MovesLikeJagr

Jan 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
No problem at all - let me know if you have any questions about ordering/working with them. They can also take a heat pressed jersey and strip it and recustomize it. They did that with my Pens winter classic jersey. When my wife got it for me, she got it precustomized from shop.nhl.com not knowing that the were using crappy heat pressing now - so FYI if anybody out there has ugly heat pressing they'd like to have redone...
Just fill out the order form and they email you the rest, right? The lettering is like the jerseys you get at the shops at the arena or better?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Just fill out the order form and they email you the rest, right? The lettering is like the jerseys you get at the shops at the arena or better?

Yup - fill out the online order form and they'll email you the confirmation page. Ship the confirmation page along with the jersey to them and they'll contact you about billing, complete the work and ship it back to you. As for quality of work:

2012-04-13130611.jpg

2012-04-13130513.jpg

2012-04-13130332.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Those are way nicer than the ones at the shop. Thanks for the suggestion again, you saved me a bunch of time.

No prob! Pricing is also competitive to what the team charges. When I got those three (as well as my Canes home jersey done) charges were:

$55.00 to customize the blank third and away jerseys (looks like they've upped their prices to $60)

$6.50 to stitch on a patch (Pens Winter Classic patch, Canes Stanley Cup patch, both of which I provided)

+ shipping

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Not a bad day overall. Had a bracket with only two picks wrong (assuming Cuse hangs on, not a bad assumption) and two with only three wrong. Unfortunately the one I picked as my favorite, the one I entered into all of the pools that I'm in, is my worst out of the 8. :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I made a single bracket today on paper, but didn't upload it anywhere. It is now in my trash can. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad