Post-Game Talk: Canes 1, Panthers 6 - Luongo #400

Status
Not open for further replies.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
I don't watch the games soups.

I ATTEND the games. Most all of em. Gives me a huge advantage to lol while I watch bolland trail play after play and lumber one end to the other. It's tragicomicall

Trocheck makes errors no doubt. He's a healthy 21yo without a full season of nhl.

I don't get your love affair with bolland but your entitled to be a fan.
Please go on record here and say you think bolland will only be better and trocheck will be worse next year.

I don't see that as rationally possible. I don't think your guy can play 50 games win half the faceoffs or score 10 goals. And the data shows it. I don't think you can make the playoffs with him as 3c.

I think my guy showed his upside yesterday and in nov-dec before that tragicomical db63 came back and our play tanked.

i agree 100%. bolland other than maybe the last two games has been attrocious! he's slow, terrible on faceoffs, lack of finishing ability and lack of discipline with his penalties at the least opportune time is horrific. even denny keeps calling him out on the broadcasts. would love to include bolland in any trade including kessel! i really dislike the way he plays and feel that he is extremely overrated. otoh., tro is young, fast energetic, decent in the circle and has a lot of upside to his game, where as bolland imo, is tailing off. tro fits this teams profile and age a lot better than bolland. i would love to include bolland in any trade!!!
i can now see why so many leaf fans were disgusted with him.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
To add to the Trocheck discussion, am I the only one who has noticed that when he is the offensive zone and tries to get it back to the man at the point, it is nearly always intercepted! He really needs to work on that area of the game.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I ATTEND the games. Most all of em. Gives me a huge advantage to lol while I watch bolland trail play after play and lumber one end to the other. It's tragicomicall

Trocheck makes errors no doubt. He's a healthy 21yo without a full season of nhl.

Please go on record here and say you think bolland will only be better and trocheck will be worse next year.

I don't see that as rationally possible. I don't think your guy can play 50 games win half the faceoffs or score 10 goals. And the data shows it. I don't think you can make the playoffs with him as 3c.

I think my guy showed his upside yesterday and in nov-dec before that tragicomical db63 came back and our play tanked.
Love affair? What love affair exactly? I can't say a real fact without being called pro-Bolland? :shakehead

I criticize every player on the roster when they deserve it, including Bolland. I don't have favourites or "guys" that I'm biased towards and try to ignore their flaws to make them look better, which is exactly what you're doing with Trocheck as your "guy".

You can't bring up Bolland's deficiencies and then in the same breath completely ignore what's been wrong with Trocheck's game outside of that one good month and dismiss it with "oh, he's young and good at faceoffs". That's flawed logic.

For the record, if you're thinking that I'm trying to bash or downplay Trocheck to make Bolland look better, here's two posts that I made during the last offseason:

It's good to hear, but I still think he'll move to play wing, especially now after the recent center additions.

He'll get every chance to make the team next year after some (if not all) of Upshall, Kopecky, Fleischmann and Bergenheim are gone.

No idea, but it's a move he'll just have to make if he wishes to have a NHL career in Florida. Barkov, Bjugstad, Bolland and MacKenzie seems to be the center core for the foreseeable future, at least until 2017.

IMO a move to wing would benefit Trocheck as he could focus more on offense, sort of like Pirri.Center actually, he essentially replaced Goc after he was traded to Pittsburgh.
I'm trying to be realistic. Trocheck is obviously gifted offensively, but he's struggled to bring that 2-way game on a consistent basis which is a must if you're going to stick as a center at the NHL level and his line consistently gets hemmed in their own zone. He isn't going to crack the roster next season as a center, unless someone is injured.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

I attend every game as well and I agree with Soupy 100%. We must be at different games.

What data shows what you're claiming? That data doesn't exist. Can't score 10 goals? Scored 19 twice before. Can't play 50 games? He did it 4 out of 5 years including 3 straight until last season. Can't make the playoffs with him as a 3rd center? Just stop. He has 2 cups as a 3rd center.

Our play tanked because of Bolland? Prove it. Baseless assertions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad