Post-Game Talk: Canes 1, Panthers 6 - Luongo #400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
Bitter much? Boston has a good team, but you have to admit that Boston is getting some lucky bounces.

Never seen u on the Panthers board so I assume u r a Bruins fan and let u know my comment was wholly sarcastic

And Mogo I know what u mean... But good teams seem to make they're own good luck don't they.. They've also been playing pretty consistently the past month, been really hard to make any meaningful progress on them... They deserve they're spot, luck or no luck the last 2 games

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
No way we jump Ottawa in my opinion. Still 3 points behind them. No doubt we're not being realistic here. Hate to say it, but it's over

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I admire everyone's optimism but I really believe if we aren't in a playoff spot by thanksgiving we will have a very tough time in making.

Just hope the team win 6-1 the rest of their game and the young guys keep racking up points. Tonight was fun.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
If the top line stays together next year, I'm super optimistic for next season.

Even more so if we add to the Top 6.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If what Pirri is doing is not a fluke,we should pair him with Bjugstad and a good to elite playmaker. Would be wonderful for that line

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Offensively you guys look pretty consistent. Just those defensive lapses time to time. Clean those up and you guys would win a lot more games.

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
If we seriously want to win a Stanley Cup at some point:

- Luongo needs to go. He seems like a decent GK...when we play weak teams. Then everybody is raving about him till we play a team with decent finishers and he looks like a baby seal slipping on banana peels.

- We need 1 elite D-man.

- 1 elite sniper.

- A coach who knows how to do line changes. More or less every other goal against us comes from stupid line changes.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Hey Rangers fan coming in peace! I'm rooting for you guys hard to make that playoff push. Obviously Jagr has been producing very well since coming to Florida, not only this but but he looks so happy every time I tune in on a panthers game he's always been smiling. Has he taken any direct connection with any of the young forwards (John Hub, Barkov)? Almost like a role model? Also is there any word on how much he likes it down there? What are the chances he re-signs? Thanks!

He loves it and he's executed to resign. He has to catch Howe and Messier and he'll do it in a Cats uniform.

Great way to end the season, I hope we win the rest no matter what.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

- Luongo needs to go. He seems like a decent GK...when we play weak teams. Then everybody is raving about him till we play a team with decent finishers and he looks like a baby seal slipping on banana peels.

- We need 1 elite D-man.

- 1 elite sniper.

- A coach who knows how to do line changes. More or less every other goal against us comes from stupid line changes.

Not happening with his contract.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

- We need 1 elite D-man.

- 1 elite sniper.

No, Luongo needs not go anywhere. WTF?

We're ok with the defensemen, especially when they just play their game.

The coach needs to work on a couple things, the Bergenheim thing pissed me off a great deal, but he saved himself from crossing into Dineen/Deboer status.

Sniper? We just need a bunch of 20-30 scorers and we'll be fine. We need health more than that. Imagine if Pirri didn't miss half the year? Imagine if Nicky doesn't get hurt.

We'll be fine, I mean there's the refs thing, but we'll be fine.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
To those complaining about Luongo's goal against lucic, I suggest looking at it again.

Lucic was BOXED by 5 Panthers. 2 D, 3 behind him (coasting) that shot had no business getting off his stick. was it bad? yes but I can understand being surprised by it.

And while we are on the topic, this was Luongos first full year with the team. helped the team improve by 30 points

and who are you looking to replace Luongo with btw? Hammond? Dubnyk (who will get paid btw), you want Neuvirth?

Oh I know! Niemi right? cause he won a cup? give me a damn break.

the forwards need 2 moves, and they D core is fine, just need someone to move Campbell from a high defensive responsiblity role. needs bottom. 4 minutes not top 2, not anymore, but he can still help this team

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Never seen u on the Panthers board so I assume u r a Bruins fan and let u know my comment was wholly sarcastic

And Mogo I know what u mean... But good teams seem to make they're own good luck don't they.. They've also been playing pretty consistently the past month, been really hard to make any meaningful progress on them... They deserve they're spot, luck or no luck the last 2 games

I wouldn't call going from an 0-3-3 stretch to winning 4 straight consistent.

- We need 1 elite D-man.

- 1 elite sniper.

1. Luongo isn't as bad as you make him out to be, but we do need a replacement. Problem is that he is better than everyone available.

2. Ekblad will get there some day

3. Hopefully Pirri will get there, but if not, I don't see it as necessary if we have a ton of guys who can hit 20-30 as CH said above.

4. I can't find it now, but I remember reading an article that says bad changes are more on the players than on the coach. I believe it was written by a former player too. But regardless, you are exaggerating a lot in that point

Last edited:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Wild fan coming in. Just watched your game and man that Barkov line is something else. That 65 second shift in the offensive zone in the third is worthy of an award. Absolutely amazing. Main board material if you ask me.

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
I wouldn't call going from an 0-3-3 stretch to winning 4 straight consistent.

1. Luongo isn't as bad as you make him out to be, but we do need a replacement. Problem is that he is better than everyone available.

2. Ekblad will get there some day

3. Hopefully Pirri will get there, but if not, I don't see it as necessary if we have a ton of guys who can hit 20-30 as CH said above.

4. I can't find it now, but I remember reading an article that says bad changes are more on the players than on the coach. I believe it was written by a former player too. But regardless, you are exaggerating a lot in that point

2. We need a proven D-man. It would help Ekblad as well in his development, like Jagr is doing to his forward partners. Also helps when other defense players have a crap game to have somebody who can pick us up there.

3. You have to have snipers who score from distance, to break open a good blocking defense and spread it as well. If you only score from the crease or in front of the goal, elite defenders just pack it in and you end up with 152 shots and no goal. Especially Playoffs. Look at Washington, Ovechkin is a prime example. He is such an unpredictable scorer.

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Just caught up with this - what a start to the day. Thoroughly enjoyed that. I am also becoming increasingly optimistic for next season.

It seems incredible that I used to hate Jagr as a teenager, simply because he always scored on me in NHL 95 :D

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Trocheck played really well.

Once he adjusts to the learning curve of "this play doesn't work in the NHL because the players are much better than the AHL" he will get much better.

I still have no idea what type of player he could be like, but he has wheels and wins battles. He might be great on the wing with Bjugstad.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Trocheck played really well.

Once he adjusts to the learning curve of "this play doesn't work in the NHL because the players are much better than the AHL" he will get much better.

I still have no idea what type of player he could be like, but he has wheels and wins battles. He might be great on the wing with Bjugstad.
Offensively, yes. Defensively, he was a mess like any other night.

Looking back it, Vincent "he could easily replace Barkov" Trocheck seems quite tragicomical now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille