Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Will Pick 5th (Hughes Presser in OP) NO POLITICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I firmly believe that both Slafkovsky and Leonard will alternate Selke and Conn Smythe trophies for 6 years in a row starting 2030.
1687572885783.gif

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Slaf will never be a 50 pt player. He will either be an 80 pt forward or bust (if his hockey sense isn't good enough).
I am being generous. Slaf showed zero in his rookie season (or in Finland, or anywhere except short tournaments that weren't best on best) to indicate he's going to be an offensive monster.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I am being generous. Slaf showed zero in his rookie season (or in Finland, or anywhere except short tournaments that weren't best on best) to indicate he's going to be an offensive monster.
Was he supposed to play against the best NHL players ever in those tournaments to prove his worth, while the other kids played juniors? lol

and yes he showed many great things in liiga or SM-Sarja since he was 15.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think there is a growing possibility that Michkov simply stays in America and plays in the NHL next year.

Holy smokes

Have you seen something to hint towards that? I think he goes top 3 if that's the case. You can have him play CHL or AHL to teach him the North American game and be able to work with him. That would be massive.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'll say this: if I was a man living in Russia right now I would do anything possible to get out and get those I care about out.

I was talking today to my coworkers in Ukraine and my former coworkers in Russia.

Next couple days are gearing up to be pretty intense. Nobody feels safe. If I were Michkov I would seriously consider not going back.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Fine, if we can acquire guys like Stone and Eichel for peanuts then sure, we can afford to miss on a pick. But considering how I keep hearing that guys like PLD and Keller are "too old" for our rebuild I guess wiffing on a bunch of premium picks makes me wonder where exactly we're supposed to get these kinds of top players. Too old to trade for and can't seem to draft them.

I guess all these NHL GMs don't check Twitter. Cause they want to meet him to clear that up.
They want to meet him for a multitude of other reasons. They want to get to know the player before they draft him........

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Was he supposed to play against the best NHL players ever in those tournaments to prove his worth, while the other kids played juniors? lol

and yes he showed many great things in liiga or SM-Sarja since he was 15.
You're using whataboutism to deflect. It doesn't matter what others did, the truth is Slaf has never dominated any level offensively. The hopes he becomes a dominant player are pure cope.

Reactions: ReHabs

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Is the Russian airspace closed? Is Michkov already in USA? Might effect his presence at the draft and the interviews.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Is the Russian airspace closed? Is Michkov already in USA? Might effect his presence at the draft and the interviews.
He was in Qatar a few days ago, I doubt he would fly back into Russia when the draft is a few days away. I think he's already in North America tbh.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Civilian flights are still going on but I could see them getting shut down in the near future if things escalate. Let's hope our baby boy has already made it over lol.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
You don't tank two years and end up with sub-PPG players with the 1OA and 5OA. It's a waste of time. A team with 0 PPG players and 0 prospects who are considered to be future PPG players should have a larger, not smaller, risk appetite for elite point producers.

That's the summary of the position many of us hold. Take from it what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad