Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Will Pick 5th (Hughes Presser in OP) NO POLITICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I dont know. I think michkov should be reluctant about going back to Russia to be honest.

And then NHL teams need to understand
- he has a valid KHL contract and no transfer agreement. NHL teams can't buy out KHL contracts to get a player so does this get an exemption
- if he stays in NA. What type of visa is he eligible for, and across Canada and USA can he even be allowed to play professional hockey or earn a wage?

And can they get that information prior to draft night?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I don’t think that matters unfortunately, I think the NHL must respect an KHL contract.
Still very too early and we will see how things evolve but there might not be no such thing as a khl contract soon and a young man might file for refugee status

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
You don't tank two years and end up with sub-PPG players with the 1OA and 5OA. It's a waste of time. A team with 0 PPG players and 0 prospects who are considered to be future PPG players should have a larger, not smaller, risk appetite for elite point producers.

That's the summary of the position many of us hold. Take from it what you will.
PPG! PPG! PPG! Your unidimensional argument for selecting players is so thorough, comprehensive and cutting edge. I hope our hockey ops staff have thought of it!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
PPG! PPG! PPG! Your unidimensional argument for selecting players is so thorough, comprehensive and cutting edge. I hope our hockey ops staff have thought of it!
The point of tanking is to draft players who bring the dimension you cannot acquire on the trade market. PRODUCTION.

Unless you want the Habs to be as aggressive at wheeling and dealing as Vegas, it's pretty obvious the only way we can acquire elite forwards is to draft them. Drafting players (with top5 picks you tank for) who are not expected to be elite forwards is a waste of time.

The argument is simple and without frills because everything follows from this. You should know if you followed the Habs at all for the past 10+ years.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
And then NHL teams need to understand
- he has a valid KHL contract and no transfer agreement. NHL teams can't buy out KHL contracts to get a player so does this get an exemption
- if he stays in NA. What type of visa is he eligible for, and across Canada and USA can he even be allowed to play professional hockey or earn a wage?

And can they get that information prior to draft night?
We will see how things evolve but we might have some clash in Moscow in the next 24hours, maybe earlier.

Doubt those thing will be important then. Michkov will be a refugee and the KHL might simply not play. Thats stretched right now tho.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
How so?

Legitimate question, I don't know enough about the KHL and its closeness to political stuff there.
It will all depends on how things evolve from there between wagner and the ministry of defense (russian national army). Putin is already suffering a lot from it but if he loses power completely, oligarch and russian elites will probably fight and clash a lot for the power out there.

Doubt the KHL will run in the case of civil war. And right now, Wagner is walking freely in Russia without any resistance and Russian soldier turning with them. Its ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad