Canadiens Representative at the 2019 ASG

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This myth that players don't rest when they go to the All-Star game is one of the most ****ing ridiculous things I have ever heard.

They are certainly not putting much effort in the game but I think some of these guys would welcome a break away from the game to get a mini mental recharge..... Or in the habs case, an extended one.

I think it depends on each player, and what they feel works best for them.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wish they would do away with All-Star game as we know it. Basically not very interesting.

If they want one maybe at start of season, between end of camp and first game of season? When everybody is interested.

Have a mid-season break, yes I can understand that. But have it at Christmas/New Year week. Put more attention on WJC. Which is way more interesting than All-Star game

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
facts are this..no one on Montreal is having an allstar type of season....Not Price Not Weber..if both or one of those guy was to go ,that's the biggest joke about the allstar game...It could/should be renamed the NHL "most popular players" game
Petry? Domi? Maybe not upper echelon, but certainly as deserving as most other players from 3/4 of the league.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs are a flagship NHL franchise...one of the few whose logo is recognized globally.

And the NHL is perfectly fine leaving them out of their all star game showcase.

Shows how *** backwards marketing in the NHL is.

You'd NEVER see an NBA all star game without a Laker

Or n MLB all star game without a Yankee

What a joke

Yankees usually have someone good enough to go and the Lakers didn't have one in the main game last year...and it was hosted in LA.

Usually the NHL had a youngstar game where they can sneak in some non-represented teams. Kotkaniemi could have been invited in that case.

Don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest. This event is about the name on the back. I mean they have an all star game jerseys on.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
To be honest, the one player per team is BS especially with the new divisional format. They should seriously scrap the ASG and just give a whole week off to everybody.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I like the All-Star game and I think it's a nice event to showoff the best players in the league. It also gives me an opportunity to get to watch some players that I'm less familiar with.

I don't understand this place always complaining when the league organise a event.

One thing I miss about the skills competition is the shootout deathmatch until there's a last man standing. That was a fun competition that they removed.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Habs are a flagship NHL franchise...one of the few whose logo is recognized globally.

What a joke

Wait, what? Carey Price and the Habs declined or am I missing something.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

What a joke

Well thats why they invited Carey to begin with but he refused so what you want them to do.

Can a team force a player to go to the ASG? Im not sure

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well thats why they invited Carey to begin with but he refused so what you want them to do.

Can a team force a player to go to the ASG? Im not sure
Invite someone else from your most recognizable franchise

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Invite someone else from your most recognizable franchise

I dont think the NHL cares all that much for the habs.

Im sure they would go out of their way to get someone from Toronto or NYR but i’m very positive they don’t like the Molsons who have been in control of the habs for the longest time.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
Meh. Haven't watched an ASG in a long time. They should just give everyone a few extra days off around the midway mark in the season.
I'm actually happy no CH players are involved this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anyone else saw the picture of all the mascots together, but Youppi was looking down while everyone else was looking at the camera? He looks like he was depressed. Habs' twitter posted this moments ago:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Anyone else saw the picture of all the mascots together, but Youppi was looking down while everyone else was looking at the camera? He looks like he was depressed. Habs' twitter posted this moments ago:

Nothing like the team bragging about the mascott being at the ASG, and nobody else.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nothing like the team bragging about the mascott being at the ASG, and nobody else.

It's not like someone wasn't supposed to go. It's just that they opted to not participate. And that has nothing to do with how this video poking fun at Youppi in that particular video. It's self-deprecating humor. A moment they didn't take themselves too seriously.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I think they should have a mascot battle royal, where they beat the shit out of eachother with those bamboo practice swords the martial arts people use to train.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad