Canadiens Representative at the 2019 ASG

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I am getting tired of people saying they should scrap the All Star game. It doesn't interest me but it does interest kids across the country. They are fans too and most kids would much rather watch an All Star game and a skills competition over any regular season game or even a playoff game.
It is upsetting to them when their favorite team doesn't have a player at the All Star game.

Personally my negative attitude towards the all star game needs to be put into context. If visibility and growth are your priorities, then why do you prevent (or threaten to prevent) players to go to an activity they actually want to go to like the Olympics. Where values of respect and differences in style of play, skills and determination are showcased in ''Real'' context and is being broadcasted around the globe.

When fans take humor into the process and select john scott, a good guy with a brain who's going to tell you that going there was such and honor for him and that he was one of the few that actually cared to go there. The NHL did everything to end his career.

They can do a skill contest and get it over with on a Saturday afternoon, with players arriving earlier in the day for their media scrum. No need to deny the young fans their treat, but the monster they try to create around a game that means nothing (make the winner winning home ice advantage for the SCF ? I'm sure players would go and care) is pretty embarrassing. do kids really watch the all star game ? I love hockey, but no one could have ever made me sit through that shit.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Anyone else saw the picture of all the mascots together, but Youppi was looking down while everyone else was looking at the camera? He looks like he was depressed. Habs' twitter posted this moments ago:

Looks like my dog wearing her cone of shame.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Personally my negative attitude towards the all star game needs to be put into context. If visibility and growth are your priorities, then why do you prevent (or threaten to prevent) players to go to an activity they actually want to go to like the Olympics. Where values of respect and differences in style of play, skills and determination are showcased in ''Real'' context and is being broadcasted around the globe.

When fans take humor into the process and select john scott, a good guy with a brain who's going to tell you that going there was such and honor for him and that he was one of the few that actually cared to go there. The NHL did everything to end his career.

They can do a skill contest and get it over with on a Saturday afternoon, with players arriving earlier in the day for their media scrum. No need to deny the young fans their treat, but the monster they try to create around a game that means nothing (make the winner winning home ice advantage for the SCF ? I'm sure players would go and care) is pretty embarrassing. do kids really watch the all star game ? I love hockey, but no one could have ever made me sit through that ****.
I completely agree. I haven't watched the ASG in over a decade. I do find the skill competition entertaining and will sometimes watch that, but I couldn't give less of a shit about the ASG, and nobody I know does either. I can't imagine how it could be attracting new fans, unless they won tickets somehow and went live or something. It's the emotion and intensity that attracts new fans to the game. That means the playoffs or Olympics. The Olympics in '98 is what got me into hockey, which probably wouldn't have happened if there were no NHL players there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad