Recalled/Assigned: Canadiens Recall Michael Chaput from Laval Rocket

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I remember Chaput standing out at camp and I was actually surprised he was sent back. 4th line needs somebody competent to push them so I like this move.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
They have. You know it's bad when Julien calls your line out specifically after the last game as a reason the team lost.

I've been pretty critical of Deslauriers and I think he is a big reason for the 4th line struggles. I've heard adjustment to wearing the cage :blah:, but he looks slow out there and can't keep up a lot of the time.

I'm up for giving Chaput a chance over Deslauriers.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I've been pretty critical of Deslauriers and I think he is a big reason for the 4th line struggles. I've heard adjustment to wearing the cage :blah:, but he looks slow out there and can't keep up a lot of the time.

I'm up for giving Chaput a chance over Deslauriers.

At least I notice Deslauriers, Peca is totally useless. Doesn't finish a check, create turnovers, doesn't get a lot on net.

Reactions: Tuggy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At least I notice Deslauriers, Peca is totally useless. Doesn't finish a check, create turnovers, doesn't get a lot on net.

And yet Peca was quite noticeable in pre-season games. So what's going on? Is this the real Peca and if not, when does that Peca from the pre-season show up again, if at all? Doesn't quite look like a steal from the Lightning right now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And yet Peca was quite noticeable in pre-season games. So what's going on? Is this the real Peca and if not, when does that Peca from the pre-season show up again, if at all? Doesn't quite look like a steal from the Lightning right now.

Cause the NHL tightened up and there is one again less time and space. Pre-Season rosters are also half NHL/AHL players so Peca would be able to do a bit more. Can't believe we lost DLR cause we bought into Peca and his speed game.

Alzner should of been waived and I don't care we would of had no spare D. Laval was close by and we played many games at home. The road games were close to Montreal too. Would of been very easy to call up Lernout or Alzner if there was an injury back when.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

He was playing against rookies and fringe players, he really isn't an NHL player at all. Not yet anyways.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Cause the NHL tightened up and there is one again less time and space. Pre-Season rosters are also half NHL/AHL players so Peca would be able to do a bit more. Can't believe we lost DLR cause we bought into Peca and his speed game.

Alzner should of been waived and I don't care we would of had no spare D. Laval was close by and we played many games at home. The road games were close to Montreal too. Would of been very easy to call up Lernout or Alzner if there was an injury back when.

Like DLR, Peca is still developing. He doesn't have much NHL experience. Still it's concerning that he gets bumped off the puck easily. Not a good sign for a not-so-gifted offensive player.

But DLR hasn't turned into anything I miss. In the new NHL, I still like our 4th line to be able to put offensive pressure on. I haven't seen yet that DLR will help a line do that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Like DLR, Peca is still developing. He doesn't have much NHL experience. Still it's concerning that he gets bumped off the puck easily. Not a good sign for a not-so-gifted offensive player.

But DLR hasn't turned into anything I miss. In the new NHL, I still like our 4th line to be able to put offensive pressure on. I haven't seen yet that DLR will help a line do that.

I just value what DLR brings in a bottom 6 role vs Peca. Team Sweden did value what DLR brings to the table and he played a key role for them in the last world championship. He has more value than most are willing to give him credit for. I also did like his game even more when he got more opportunity last year when Pleky was traded.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I just value what DLR brings in a bottom 6 role vs Peca. Team Sweden did value what DLR brings to the table and he played a key role for them in the last world championship. He has more value than most are willing to give him credit for. I also did like his game even more when he got more opportunity last year when Pleky was traded.

Time will tell. I hope you're right for DLR's sake...

I am more frustrated that we missed out on Skinner, Duclair, David Perron, Sheary, and not losing Galchenyuk in the Domi trade, than that we lost DLR.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Time will tell. I hope you're right for DLR's sake...

I am more frustrated that we missed out on Skinner, Duclair, David Perron, Sheary, and not losing Galchenyuk in the Domi trade, than that we lost DLR.

- Skinner has a NMC. Not even sure he would of accepted a trade to Montreal
- Duclair turned us down. I remember reading about this.
- Perron and Sheary... Don't care.
- We were not getting Domi without using Galchenyuk. We can hope there was another deal but who? Coyotes were not trading Domi for a package return. Yeah, he was not trending well but that don't mean the Coyotes were trading him for cheap or not getting a serious return for him.

I'm not overly upset we lost DLR. After all, he is a bottom 6 talent. However, I rather we didn't lose him. I see him being a very good piece in the bottom 6. With me it was easy, just send Alzner down and go with 6 D while we played lots of home games and the road games were close to Montreal. Laval is close.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Why not Hudon back on the 3rd, and Kenny-Peca-Chaput line?

He makes more soft plays than Kenny A by a long shot. Hudon is the one player who should be extremely worried IMO we have plenty of flash and dash as it is with players who produce at the very least. Some of them make as many soft plays but finish a whole hell of a lot better, No names need be mentioned.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Absolutely

I did like his Camp and hearing how was performing leading up to this call up is encouraging.
If we sat Mr. Ironman maybe we can sit some higher ups on our list of forwards when they deserve it.
I'd love to see that. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad