Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers: "These refs suck"

Championship*

Yes. The Rangers, who should have been in OT in a 0-0 game, are the only people to blame. Not the refs that called Boyle for checking or allowed a guy to kick a puck into the net. Correct. Obviously the team is the only group that should get the blame. Of course.

Blame the Refs all you want, but it's just making more excuses for a bad team. A good team would be able to over come it. It's just a convenient excuse.

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
Stepan still struggling out there. He buries that feed from Kreider when he is rocking and rolling. Richards seems to have slowed considerably although no one expected him to keep that pace up all year. Just isn't in sync and we need him to start producing. He will get there. Kreider and Miller were probably the best skaters. Needed to get in front of the net a bit more.

Officiating was horrible tonight. Horrible. From the first penalty against Moore through the second Montreal "goal" at the end. Effort level is much improved. Hagelin coming back should help.

I blame Vigneault's vest. Even if it did look sharp.

North Star

Mar 9, 2011
AV has a nice soothing voice if you needs to calm down before sleeping, but I would like too see tons of more passion from him.

Torts where are you? <3

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
A kicked goal and pp goal on the bad Boyle call. Competence gets us to OT 0-0. maybe it doesn't help us win but we deserve the same standard of officiating the other 29 teams get.

Yep. Bingo. This man understands it.

I don't want the Rangers to get special treatment. I want mere competence from the officials. Is it really that much to ask for?

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Stepan still struggling out there. He buries that feed from Kreider when he is rocking and rolling. Richards seems to have slowed considerably although no one expected him to keep that pace up all year. Just isn't in sync and we need him to start producing. He will get there. Kreider and Miller were probably the best skaters. Needed to get in front of the net a bit more.

Officiating was horrible tonight. Horrible. From the first penalty against Moore through the second Montreal "goal" at the end. Effort level is much improved. Hagelin coming back should help.

I blame Vigneault's vest. Even if it did look sharp.
Richards played great the first 6 games BUT he has really crashed back to earth. Stepan looks like someone who deosnt give a **** because he got more money than he should have

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Blame the Refs all you want, but it's just making more excuses for a bad team. A good team would be able to over come it. It's just a convenient excuse.

So it's NOT legitimate that that second goal, by the rulebook, shouldn't have counted?

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
A kicked goal and pp goal on the bad Boyle call. Competence gets us to OT 0-0. maybe it doesn't help us win but we deserve the same standard of officiating the other 29 teams get.

You don't think other teams get jobbed? Rangers got jobbed tonight, the standard of officiating in the NHL is just flat out pretty poor.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Sup.

I thought Kreider might have been the most dangerous forward on the ice for you guys tonight, although I was keying in on him more than other players (fantasy purposes), but he was buzzing all game long.

You think he'll stay up with the team? Even once you guys get healthy again? And how has he looked compared to last season?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Yeah. The refs jobbing the Rangers is "just a convenient excuse." Clearly, even though we outplayed the Habs, this is all just an excuse. I agree. Obviously.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Richards played great the first 6 games BUT he has really crashed back to earth. Stepan looks like someone who deosnt give a **** because he got more money than he should have

Richards gets a pass for this, they are zeroing in on him. Nash needs to get back ASAP...

Championship*

Yeah. The refs jobbing the Rangers is "just a convenient excuse." Clearly, even though we outplayed the Habs, this is all just an excuse. I agree. Obviously.

We outplayed the habs so much we lost. Again. 3rd shutout of the year. But the refs though.
#LosersExcuse

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY

I think Stepan looks more like a guy who is trying to play catch up and forcing things in certain situations. Think he is a bit of a slow starter anyway. Have confidence that he will re-discover his game.

Championship*

In Championship's warped reality, the 2nd goal was a good goal because, in his mind, the team played poorly.

The FACT is that the goal didn't matter at all. Good or not. That goal wasn't the reason the Rangers lost the game. The Refs weren't the reason they lost that game either. The Rangers were the reason they lost that game. That's reality.

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY

Definitely outplayed them and we should have. Home opener and weakened Montreal line-up. We have injuries, too but would like our chances going in. Deserved to get something out of the game.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think Stepan looks more like a guy who is trying to play catch up and forcing things in certain situations. Think he is a bit of a slow starter anyway. Have confidence that he will re-discover his game.

His holdout and missing a very important camp makes me feel no sympathy for him. He needs to produce now. End of story.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The FACT is that the goal didn't matter at all. Good or not. That goal wasn't the reason the Rangers lost the game. The Refs weren't the reason they lost that game either. The Rangers were the reason they lost that game. That's reality.

The only reality is that two horrendous calls lead directly to goals against us.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
i hope so. its just that he picked the worst time for the holdout because we lost nahs cally and hagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad