Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers - November 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
If you are going to loose then do it right... and they did
Sometimes a loss like this is good, it highlights the problems they have had all season. Plus gives motivation to get better. Winning games you should not or loosing by a goal does not do those things.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Can we just win once against these guys in the regular season? Please?

Not even going to comment on the game itself. They know what they did.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Etem and McIlrath deserve to play. I think we'd benefit from a "spark plug" kinda player for the 4th line. Kinda like a Ryan Bourque or someone who just busts his ass every shift and is a relentless puck hound.

I understand why McIlrath should get an opportunity, but, I'm not sure I understand why Etem "deserves" to play. I'm pretty sure he sucked his last game.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Price leaves the game injured and then the Rangers decide to play poorly. Sucks.

And Hanks stats taking a big drop.

Sucks it had to be this game with all the focus of Hank vs Price.

Psyched themselves out.

You posted this exact same thing in the GDT. They didn't get psyched out; they got outworked and outclassed.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
A lot of deficiencies we've had this season came back tonight, and Lundqvist wasn't in absolute God mode. That's what that looks like.

Clean up the coverage in the D zone. Move on. 16-4-2. Luckily, we've built ourselves a lot of leeway in terms of a cushion for the rest of the year. Why this team needs continue learning how to play in their own zone despite having the same coach and core in place since 2013 is beyond me, but here we are.

Two big wins this weekend, and no one remembers this game.

Except their abysmal record against both the Canadiens and the Bolts.

You want to see a cup in gotham? We're gonna have to go through one of those teams, possibly both.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I understand why McIlrath should get an opportunity, but, I'm not sure I understand why Etem "deserves" to play. I'm pretty sure he sucked his last game.

Fast and Miller have been horrible lately

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The only positive is that this team honestly got too cocky for a team playing not nearly as great as their record. They've been playing like **** because they just expected to win no matter what. Maybe something will change. Because today in a game this big was unacceptable.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Etem and McIlrath deserve to play. I think we'd benefit from a "spark plug" kinda player for the 4th line. Kinda like a Ryan Bourque or someone who just busts his ass every shift and is a relentless puck hound.

Habs would've ran circles around McIlrath IMO. Lack of footspeed and Habs having speedy, skilled wingers doesn't bode too well.

This is the best possible defensive lineup unfortunately.

He should get in the lineup vs. a Western Conference team though.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Habs would've ran circles around McIlrath IMO. Lack of footspeed and Habs having speedy, skilled wingers doesn't bode too well.

Is McI that much slower than either Boyle or Staal?

Niloc1*

The only positive is that this team honestly got too cocky for a team playing not nearly as great as their record. They've been playing like **** because they just expected to win no matter what. Maybe something will change. Because today in a game this big was unacceptable.

Too cocky and not showing up are two completely different things.....how they respond to this next game will be more telling than the 60 minutes of so called hockey we just witnessed.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Like they did to Staal and Girardi?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Looks at the calendar...still only November...enough time to get over this one.

Another season series lost against a team with an arena ceiling wallpapered with Stanley Cup banners and a large, vocal fan base that doesn't let anyone forget anything.

It's only November, but this was a piece of ****.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Three things happened tonight.

1) Rangers played like garbage
2) Montreal was excellent
3) Henrik wasn't superhuman for once and didn't bail out the team a million times

Hopefully this can be a wake up call for the skaters to get their act together. I'm confident. They'll probably bounce back with a strong effort against Boston.

Also - it's early, I'm not panicking at all. But in order for this team to be successful, the young players will have to play major roles come playoff time. I'm going to want more from Hayes, Miller, Fast, and Lindberg. Fast seems to be in a bit of a sophomore slump, the guy is making uncharacteristic mistakes with reads and defensive positioning. Hopefully he comes out of it soon.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Another season series lost against a team with an arena ceiling wallpapered with Stanley Cup banners and a large, vocal fan base that doesn't let anyone forget anything.

It's only November, but this was a piece of ****.

Yeah, losing sucks...always has and always will. November means nothing in the spring.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
When Hank doesn't play amazingly, it exposes how fraudulent this team really is.

Dude. I wish I could vote in a poll to eliminate stars players have won over he season. Everyone looked terrible. They were flubbing passes with no pressure. Lundqvist was letting in scrimmage goals.

This was a complete outlier. I'm not saying they will beat Montreal every night [ahem…or never in the Regular Season], but I would wipe this game off the old menta hard drive for now.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Three things happened tonight.

1) Rangers played like garbage
2) Montreal was excellent
3) Henrik wasn't superhuman for once and didn't bail out the team a million times

Hopefully this can be a wake up call for the skaters to get their act together. I'm confident. They'll probably bounce back with a strong effort against Boston.

Also - it's early, I'm not panicking at all. But in order for this team to be successful, the young players will have to play major roles come playoff time. I'm going to want more from Hayes, Miller, Fast, and Lindberg. Fast seems to be in a bit of a sophomore slump, the guy is making uncharacteristic mistakes with reads and defensive positioning. Hopefully he comes out of it soon.

Agreed. I thought Hayes had a dreadful game.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
When Hank doesn't play amazingly, it exposes how fraudulent this team really is.

True. But this is EXACTLY how they started off the last 2 seasons. Except hank wasn't as good to start the last 2 years. I am fairly confident they will get it together, just like they did the last 2 seasons. It's just frustrating that it takes 2-3 months every season to figure this system out. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad