Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers - November 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
ill say one thing... with Dan Boyle announcing retirement at the end of this season, he sure is playing with fire in his eyes... it's cup or bust for this guy...

Other teams sign veteran players who want to win it all at the end of their careers like R.Bourque, Selanne, Recchi

We get Boyle, who at this point in his career cant seem to find his game...

Dear departed MSL, who came to NY more because of his situation with Yzerman than his determination to win a cup in NY.

Hope Gorton starts doing due diligence regarding where these vets heads are before they sign here...

Not yet official, right?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
@HockeyStatMiner: According to @war_on_ice , the fourth one was only Lundqvist's 2nd "low-danger" goal allowed this yr (202/204 total)

So much has changed with this team in the past 10 years including several coaches and assistant coaches all employing completely different systems for both offense and defense. A different mindset in drafting, management and roster construction. Finally, entire roster turnovers outside of one player:

Henrik Lundqvist

Only one thing in the past 10 years has remained consistent, and reliable about this team.

Girardi showed up a year later, Staal the next. People want to give these two clowns and how many other countless factors credit for the best thing to happen to this franchise since Brian Leetch and the '94 'Cup? It's criminal.

Hockey is a team game but Lundqvist is this team and whatever defense or system you throw in front of him has so little to do with that. He's the only guy on a nightly basis that gives this team a chance to win any game or series.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
ill say one thing... with Dan Boyle announcing retirement at the end of this season, he sure is playing with fire in his eyes... it's cup or bust for this guy...

Other teams sign veteran players who want to win it all at the end of their careers like R.Bourque, Selanne, Recchi

We get Boyle, who at this point in his career cant seem to find his game...

Dear departed MSL, who came to NY more because of his situation with Yzerman than his determination to win a cup in NY.

Hope Gorton starts doing due diligence regarding where these vets heads are before they sign here...

To say MSL didn't want to win a cup here is just absurd. He was a huge reason we even got to the finals. I respect him a lot, he hung it up when he realized he wasn't the player he wanted to be anymore. He certainly could have got offers and still would have put up 35-50 points which in this league is still pretty good.

I don't think he wanted to retire, I think his decline happened rather rapidly (and unfortunately for us) that he decided to call it quits.

Boyle on the other hand, I don't know. But let's be fair to MSL. He was a good player for us and played a huge role in our best season in 20+ years.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Ugly loss but I still think 90% of these comments are way overboard. Reads like a thread after practically any loss 2 or 3 years ago.

Every single team, no matter how good or bad, is going to get embarrassed at some points over 82 games. Every team. You can't blow it all up and make these ridiculous proposals trading half the team because of it.

Last year, LA, the defending champions, couldn't beat the worst team in the league to make the playoffs.

MTL is good and they were on last night. NYR is good and they were off. Take a breath and realize this is part of the league.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Ugly loss but I still think 90% of these comments are way overboard. Reads like a thread after practically any loss 2 or 3 years ago.

Every single team, no matter how good or bad, is going to get embarrassed at some points over 82 games. Every team. You can't blow it all up and make these ridiculous proposals trading half the team because of it.

Last year, LA, the defending champions, couldn't beat the worst team in the league to make the playoffs.

MTL is good and they were on last night. NYR is good and they were off. Take a breath and realize this is part of the league.

The hardest thing to remind people of here, not just as a moderator but as a person, is that this is just. a. game.

Yeah, it's a business and a passion, but it's not like playing an embarrassing, non-competitive game on home ice against the Canadiens should cause anyone physical pain.

That's worrisome.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The hardest thing to remind people of here, not just as a moderator but as a person, is that this is just. a. game.

Yeah, it's a business and a passion, but it's not like playing an embarrassing, non-competitive game on home ice against the Canadiens should cause anyone physical pain.

That's worrisome.

When I was younger I suppose I was a lot the same way. I'm heading towards 60 now. Lots of older people are always griping about something too--so it's not all about age. Seeing the sun come up should be worth something. I can down some alcohol---I can find other things to do--not everything I do revolves around what the Rangers are doing anymore. Only about 10% maybe. So I suggest people find other hobbies/distractions---there's no point being pissed off or anguished all the time.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So much has changed with this team in the past 10 years including several coaches and assistant coaches all employing completely different systems for both offense and defense. A different mindset in drafting, management and roster construction. Finally, entire roster turnovers outside of one player:

Henrik Lundqvist

Only one thing in the past 10 years has remained consistent, and reliable about this team.

Girardi showed up a year later, Staal the next. People want to give these two clowns and how many other countless factors credit for the best thing to happen to this franchise since Brian Leetch and the '94 'Cup? It's criminal.

Hockey is a team game but Lundqvist is this team and whatever defense or system you throw in front of him has so little to do with that. He's the only guy on a nightly basis that gives this team a chance to win any game or series.
His stats AFTER last night, to add on to nevesis' tweet:

5-on-5

Sv%L: 99.03%
Sv%M: 95.04%
Sv%H: 90.18%
Total: 95.67%

The only other starter over 90% in that area is Reimer, who might as well not count, because he's Reimer.

http://war-on-ice.com/goalietable.html

5RKyn6Q.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad