Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers - November 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The team embarrassed itself tonight.

Don't be like the team.

Follow the rules, or face moderator action.

If you feel your emotions getting the best of you, do not post.

Report problems; do not reply to them.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Can't leave people open and alone in front of the net like that. Doesn't matter who's in goal when you have the puck a foot away and all the time in the world.

That was the biggest issue this game by far.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
"Don't be like the team...."

This made me chuckle, and I needed that after this loss. :handclap:

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
ronburgundy.jpg

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Worst performance of the season. They did not come ready to play. Fire and trade everyone. Then they'll learn.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Can't leave people open and alone in front of the net like that. Doesn't matter who's in goal when you have the puck a foot away and all the time in the world.

That was the biggest issue this game by far.

But Hank can't give up that 4th goal that ruined the entire game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I don't care what the record says. This team has serious issues that will prevent them from winning the cup. I'm seriously starting to wonder if an AV coached team can win the cup.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I don't see how we can continue down the road of keeping three near-identical players on this squad. It really hurts our forward diversity.

It's Anaheim-esque. I don't know if it'll work to win a Cup, but they came pretty darn close last year without Zucc and hald the defense with broken bones or torn ligaments.

Only reason why I would agree to trade any of them is their worth is likely at an all-time high.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
It's Anaheim-esque. I don't know if it'll work to win a Cup, but they came pretty darn close last year without Zucc and hald the defense with broken bones or torn ligaments.

Only reason why I would agree to trade any of them is their worth is likely at an all-time high.

I wasn't the biggest Nash supporters on this thread. Still am not. But, I do agree with them on one hand. Another legit scorer makes this team more complete.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This defense is not Stanley Cup worthy, bottom line. Something has to be done because they're not winning anything with this defense. And I didn't see two of the goals, but when a game is 3-1 in the 3rd and the other team's backup is in, you have a chance to win. That 4th goal, given the situation and the fact that it ended the game was incredibly disappointing. I'll take a mediocre game against Nashville and Carolina if Lundqvist just played up to Price's level more than once in a blue moon (last game) in a game against Montreal. But the defense is what not only concerns but devastates me. It's just plain bad. I'm not sure Girardi, Staal, and Boyle are NHL players anymore.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Etem and McIlrath deserve to play. I think we'd benefit from a "spark plug" kinda player for the 4th line. Kinda like a Ryan Bourque or someone who just busts his ass every shift and is a relentless puck hound.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
But Hank can't give up that 4th goal that ruined the entire game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Nope. It just ended the game. With Condon, it's still salvageable when it's 3-1 in the 3rd, not at 4-1. But no, Lundqvist isn't the problem. This D is an embarrassment. I miss the days where we can rely on good tight D.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A lot of deficiencies we've had this season came back tonight, and Lundqvist wasn't in absolute God mode. That's what that looks like.

Clean up the coverage in the D zone. Move on. 16-4-2. Luckily, we've built ourselves a lot of leeway in terms of a cushion for the rest of the year. Why this team needs continue learning how to play in their own zone despite having the same coach and core in place since 2013 is beyond me, but here we are.

Two big wins this weekend, and no one remembers this game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Price leaves the game injured and then the Rangers decide to play poorly. Sucks.

And Hanks stats taking a big drop.

Sucks it had to be this game with all the focus of Hank vs Price.

Psyched themselves out.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
That was just a team-wide failure by everyone.

Man defense tends to surrender more slot opportunities than zone, but there have been way too many games in the past few years where it looks like they are totally clueless about slot coverage. In year 3 under AV's system, some of these mistakes should be ironed out already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad