Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Penguins | Perron's debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
A regular season hockey game means very little in that town compared to a playoff football game. You claim to be from Pittsburgh and your surprised that the crowd tonight might be less than usual at CEC? I know your disappointed but damn!

He was joking dude...

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
It really does suck for fans in Pittsburgh but there was no way that was happening tonight. this game has the prime hnic spot against a canadian team... rescheduling was never an option. moving the game time would already be difficult for a regional broadcast... it would almost be logistically impossible for a national broadcast (unless they outright cancelled showing the pittsburgh/habs game... and with crosby playing in pittsburgh, that wasn't going to happen)

I'm going to the game tonight and was not happy to miss the beginning of the Steelers game, but I have to admit that Perron suiting up tonight is making it a lot better!!

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'll just be switching the channel between the two games tonight.

Got my "bad call" brick ready for both. ;)

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Jack Edwards was just asked what he thinks about the Perron deal.

His answer:

"Amazing that they could fit him and Klinkhammer and a 1st is a steep price to pay"

:D

Probably just upset that his big bad Bruins are not looking so hot these days.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If Perron is for Crosby, I think we could all empathize with Geno a little bit for being frustrated, right? Neal was the only winger we ever gave him and we traded him for a winger for Sid. Then every new winger that comes in... goes straight to Sid.

But honestly I don't care about feelings. This is the best top 6, when fully healthy, we've had in a long time. This proves that Shero wasn't building the proper team AND had bad luck (Suter/Parise, Hossa).

Pretty pumped up right now.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If Perron is for Crosby, I think we could all empathize with Geno a little bit for being frustrated, right? Neal was the only winger we ever gave him and we traded him for a winger for Sid. Then every new winger that comes in... goes straight to Sid.

But honestly I don't care about feelings. This is the best top 6, when fully healthy, we've had in a long time. This proves that Shero wasn't building the proper team AND had bad luck (Suter/Parise, Hossa).

Iginla?

Hornqvist has been with Geno nearly as much as Sid this year... I don't really think every new winger goes to Sid. That seems to violate the, "why won't they break up KCD?" Meme

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It would be awfully nice for Malkin to maybe be flanked on at least one side by a player who can at least pretend that he's a top six caliber player, these days. But I completely understand that Crosby needs the help worse... especially considering that he gets tougher matchups.

I'd actually be pretty disappointed if MJ goes with a Malkin/Perron combination, tonight. Though he well might.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Personally I'd rather watch a Pens preseason game over the Super Bowl but that probably puts me in the minority.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Iginla?

Hornqvist has been with Geno nearly as much as Sid this year... I don't really think every new winger goes to Sid. That seems to violate the, "why won't they break up KCD?" Meme

Don't you pull that internet hyperbole on me. :) You know that's not what I'm saying. I wasn't coming in like one of our Pittsburgh trolls saying OMG GENO'S FEELINGZ!

Don't pull that on me.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I think the plan was to put Hornqvist with Malkin originally though and he got Iginla which wasn't actually a god thing but still. It's a like it came full circle, Malkin got Neal because Crosby was injured and Crosby got Hornqvist because Malkin was injured. He also got time with Hornqvist while we were doing our Kunitz and Hornqvist dance.

Neal ended up negatively effecting Malkin anyway, taking that away was ultimately a good thing. Which is actually ****ed up.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Parise-Crosby-Hossa
Perron-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Sutter-BB
Adams-Adams-Adams

Letang-Suter
Maatta-Despres
Harrington-Bort
Dumo

Fleury
Greiss

:sarcasm:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Personally I'd rather watch a Pens preseason game over the Super Bowl but that probably puts me in the minority.

Nah. That's me, too.

I used to watch a hell of a lot more football. But honestly it bores me to tears, these days. Somebody mentioned it earlier... but I think a lot of it simply has to do with TV presentation/over-saturation. Along with the astounding amount of commercials and marketing that takes place game to game.

It's kinda nausiating.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Iginla?

Any skilled winger in the past brought in seemed to be one geared for Sid first. Thats just a fact. It may not be fair but he is the face of the franchise. Malkin has always been plan B. It may not be fair but neither is life.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Don't you pull that internet hyperbole on me. :) You know that's not what I'm saying. I wasn't coming in like one of our Pittsburgh trolls saying OMG GENO'S FEELINGZ!

Don't pull that on me.

I wasn't trying to pull anything on you, I swear. Multiple people have said something similar (all the wingers go to Sid first), both now and when Hornqvist was acquired. I don't think it's true, but I also don't think The Pens have acquired enough true legit winger talent for it to be indicative.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

I'm totally fine with the best center (Crosby) getting the two best wingers (Perron and Hornqvist) when they are healthy. Using that logic though, the 2C should get the 3rd and 4th best wingers, not the 3C.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Any skilled winger in the past brought in seemed to be one geared for Sid first. Thats just a fact. It may not be fair but he is the face of the franchise. Malkin has always been plan B. It may not be fair but neither is life.

Could you list all of these skilled wingers please? Keep in mind that: 1) Perron hasn't played with anyone yet and 2) Hornqvist was acquired to play with Geno, according to MJ, and once Geno went back to center, Hornqvist went to his line and KCD was reunited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00