Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Penguins | Perron's debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
JR intimated that Perron will be on the RW until the Pens get healthier.

penguins2946*

No surprise there. He'll play with Malkin tonight then and replace Ebbett?

Probably not, since Rust was playing with Malkin yesterday. I'd guess the top-6 will be:

Spaling-Crosby-Perron
Downie-Malkin-Rust

That is, if they are going to play him on RW.

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
hoping he plays with sid. i'm not buying the whole "sid needs a north/south speed" guy" thing. even if he himself believes it.. he needs a dynamic right handed winger that can create & snipe. 39 yr old billy Guerin was hardly a north/south speed player, and his dangerous rh shot opened things up for sid. these 2 could be dangerous together.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Probably not, since Rust was playing with Malkin yesterday. I'd guess the top-6 will be:

Spaling-Crosby-Perron
Downie-Malkin-Rust

That is, if they are going to play him on RW.

I would have to think Downie stays on Sid's RW, he goes to the net hard, like Perron (and PH). I expect Downie to stay there until PH is back, and MJ can see if Geno and Perron have chemistry.

Perron is an underrated net front guy, Geno needs that. Sid already has it with PH when we're healthy.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
it'll probably be:

Spaling - Crosby - Downie
Ebbett - Malkin - Perron

(JR said that Perron would be playing RW until the team is healthy).

I would also say that I fully expect

Perron - Malkin - Hornqvist when Hornqvist returns. They were already putting Horny back on that line before he got injured.

penguins2946*

I would have to think Downie stays on Sid's RW, he goes to the net hard, like Perron (and PH). I expect Downie to stay there until PH is back, and MJ can see if Geno and Perron have chemistry.

Perron is an underrated net front guy, Geno needs that. Sid already has it with PH when we're healthy.

I'd rather give Malkin Hornqvist tbh, Crosby needs Perron's playmaking more than Malkin needs it. Without any other trades and the Sutter-Bennett combo staying alive, I'd like to see:

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett

Fordy

May 28, 2008
crosby needs perron more than malkin needs anybody. malkin needs less. i don't know how that isn't obvious at this point

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
crosby needs perron more than malkin needs anybody. malkin needs less. i don't know how that isn't obvious at this point

i dunno, man, people keep saying he needs to be with speed and stuff, so obviously Downie/Spaling are the people Crosby needs.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It sucks that they couldn't move the start time of this game, most fans will only get to see about a period of this game before the Steeler game.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Malkin - Bennett - Perron

VIOLATE EVERYONE'S SENSIBILITIES

Malkin - Perron - Crosby? So everybody gets to play with him and nobody gets preferential treatment?
Although in my opinion, Crosby should have first dibs. Malkin got to punch Adams yesterday, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca