HF Habs: Canadiens Development Camp (July 1 to 4)

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Hutson should play on all the PK units during the season

I could see all the Mathews, Marner, Sergachev, Point, Cloudegirofle, Panarin,Hughes, etc.. trying to get the puck out of Hutson stick for all the 2 minutes of their PP, to the point they turn nut .

Very satisfying image.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Just finished to watch the game, Engstrom and Hutson were hands down the stand out in this game, Reinbacher was pretty calm and poised as well. We have 3 blue chip D prospects, I have been pretty high on Engtrom for a while, we got 2 gems outside of the 1st round, both kids will end up much higher than Mateychuk (12th OV) and Korchinski (7th OV) in a re-draft, you can bookmark me on that.

Engstrom's talent level is pretty underrated, everything is so smooth and efforless in his game, has great hands/skating combo, pretty smart out there and excellent vision. he can execute high level plays at will, solid IQ, good gap and high compete.

Hutson is Hutson, one of the most imprevisible and creative D prospects I have ever watched, He generates alot of chaos with his unreal stickhandling skills and lateral skating movements. The scrimmage was played 4 on 4 and Hutson was quite in his element.

Mailloux is a good prospect, but doesnt belong in the same tier as those guys IMO, The athletic skills are there, but the IQ limited.

Goaltending was extremmely solid, up front I didnt notice much, I thought Mesar had a good game overall.

Reinbacher, Engstrom, Hutson are all top 3 material and top our prospects pool IMO.
I keep being impressed by Engstrom. Don't know if he can play RD cause the future top 3 D of the Habs is 100% Reinbacher, Hutson, and Guhle, two of which are LD. It's a good problem to have, having too much D talent for the future. But one of young D needs to eventually shift sides. I think like Hutson, Mailloux can be sheltered 5 on 5 with an extremely proficient defensive player like Guhle.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I keep being impressed by Engstrom. Don't know if he can play RD cause the future top 3 D of the Habs is 100% Reinbacher, Hutson, and Guhle, two of which are LD. It's a good problem to have, having too much D talent for the future. But one of young D needs to eventually shift sides. I think like Hutson, Mailloux can be sheltered 5 on 5 with an extremely proficient defensive player like Guhle.
He can.

He did it often before!

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think Engstrom can play both sides.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
F0O6JR0XoAMQnw1.jpeg

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Ah, positive vibes. I like very much.
Best is yet to come. I just hope the fans in attendance saw the potential at our blue line. And to think we had 5 rookies already playing in the lineup on D. This is very sick. Haven't seen such a talented pool of Ds in Montreal in decades.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Ah, positive vibes. I like very much.
Best is yet to come. I just hope the fans in attendance saw the potential at our blue line. And to think we had 5 rookies already playing in the lineup on D. This is very sick. Haven't seen such a talented pool of Ds in Montreal in decades.
Imo, Reinbacher, Hutson, and Guhle will be the best top 3 since Robinson, Lapointe, and Savard and it's not close

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Thank you! I fear the Michkov narrative is going to be a derail in many threads for months/years to come. A lot of us would have drafted him but we didn't. Some have moved on but there are always some who just can't. Only time will tell on how that plays out.
Wishful thinking. People will talk about it for the next decade or so.

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Imo, Reinbacher, Hutson, and Guhle will be the best top 3 since Robinson, Lapointe, and Savard and it's not close
I won't go as far, because we're talking about HOFers, but I do think it will be the best crop SINCE them, barring any major injuries or f*** up.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
LOL I went back and read a lot of posts I missed but it seems very evident that somewhere in the near future with the Habs going in OT Marty will throw out 3 Dmen because we really need the two points. :laugh:

The funny thing is no one here would bat an eye.

Reactions: Runner77 and jrom

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I won't go as far, because we're talking about HOFers, but I do think it will be the best crop SINCE them, barring any major injuries or f*** up.
Yeah I said since. I'm not dumb enough to compare them to those 3 legends but I guess to make it more specific, barring injuries, I think they'll be the best top 3 out of the 80s-present for the Habs.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I submit:
Our star forwards are *already* in the top6, and we're now building around that
Granted, definitely missing 1-2 bona fide top 6 forwards to gain real traction there

But if people think our 22 yr old forwards have "peaked" and reach their ceilings and that there is nothing to look forward to well I just don't know what to tell people lol
Our forward lack talent and depth. When I compare our current player and prospect versus Buffalo, it's day and night... they already have young skilled player in their top 6 (Thompson, Cozens, Quinn, Tuch, Krebs, Peterka) and their next wave of forward are also very skilled . They might be good future trade partner for the habs but I envy them a lot. It's more exciting to have so many options offensively.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

1990 we had Desjardins, Svoboda, Lefebvre, Daigneault, Schneider, Odelein, all 24 and under.

+ Brisebois still as a prospect.

I would easily choose the 1990 group over what we have. It was a masterpiece of self-destruction that we didn't dominate the 1990s with that kind of promising blueline.

And that's ignoring Chelios and Ludwig, who were still in their 20s.

Last edited:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
1990 we had Desjardins, Svoboda, Lefebvre, Daigneault, Schneider, Odelein, all 24 and under.

I would easily choose the 1990 group over what we have. It was a masterpiece of self-destruction that we didn't dominate the 1990s with that kind of promising blueline.

That was a pretty solid group too. You are right. I think we MIGHT be able to compare it. Hutson is the unknown.

BTW, I know now who David reminds me of as an 18 year old : Wade Redden. A young Wade Redden. Poise, skating, not an offensive force, but can do it all. Kid is 18.

Reactions: Fenris and Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That was a pretty solid group too. You are right. I think we MIGHT be able to compare it. Hutson is the unknown.

BTW, I know now who David reminds me of as an 18 year old : Wade Redden. A young Wade Redden. Poise, skating, not an offensive force, but can do it all. Kid is 18.

Good comparison actually.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

With HoF goaltender and the 1st line center (Damphousse), 1st line power forward (Leclair) we are now missing. That Habs team should have become another dynasty if not for Houle/Tremblay and also impatient management team like Savard.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
With HoF goaltender and the 1st line center, 1st line power forward we are now missing. That Habs team should have become another dynasty if not for Houle/Tremblay and also impatient management team like Savard.

And if Chelios didn't force our hands.

Still had a good 10+ seasons in front of him as a Norris-level defender.

Him, + Desjardins, two right-handed #1D, plus insane depth.

Reactions: windycity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad