HF Habs: Canadiens Development Camp (July 1 to 4)

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
So why are you on a message board called Hockeys Future if you don’t like discussing the future of hockey?

Seeing as how you seem to be older, this seems equivalent to being on a rocking chair on your front porch and scowling at everyone that walks by because there’s nothing better to do.
1688511362485.png

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Adam engstrom really stood out IMO.

I think he'll play in the show.

Wow!

Been high on him since last year's development camp.

His skating is excellent and he sees the ice very well. A lot of poise with the puck. I hope he develops more of aggressivity offensively, he has the tools to take risks. It's all about confidence.

Rogle just knows how to develop good players.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

His skating is excellent and he sees the ice very well. A lot of poise with the puck. I hope he develops more of aggressivity offensively, he has the tools to take risks. It's all about confidence.

He made some really nice plays out of his stickhandling too. I want to know which scout recommended him, because it looks far from a Rockstrom pick lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
1983 NFL draft produced 8 HOFers including Elway, Marino and Jim Kelly
4 from one team in one draft...that is insane

Guhle, Xhekaj, Reinbacher, Engstrom, Barron, Mailloux, Hutson, Harris, Trudeau
That's an impressive young group of D we have.....

That will eventually be a problem, but although Engstrom impress me also, he has a lot of competition.
Habs have so many excellent D prospects that they will soon slowly start moving some of them.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Adam engstrom really stood out IMO.

I think he'll play in the show.

Wow!
Just finished to watch the game, Engstrom and Hutson were hands down the stand out in this game, Reinbacher was pretty calm and poised as well. We have 3 blue chip D prospects, I have been pretty high on Engtrom for a while, we got 2 gems outside of the 1st round, both kids will end up much higher than Mateychuk (12th OV) and Korchinski (7th OV) in a re-draft, you can bookmark me on that.

Engstrom's talent level is pretty underrated, everything is so smooth and efforless in his game, has great hands/skating combo, pretty smart out there and excellent vision. he can execute high level plays at will, solid IQ, good gap and high compete.

Hutson is Hutson, one of the most imprevisible and creative D prospects I have ever watched, He generates alot of chaos with his unreal stickhandling skills and lateral skating movements. The scrimmage was played 4 on 4 and Hutson was quite in his element.

Mailloux is a good prospect, but doesnt belong in the same tier as those guys IMO, The athletic tools are there, but the IQ limited.

Goaltending was extremmely solid, up front I didnt notice much, I thought Mesar had a good game overall.

Reinbacher, Engstrom, Hutson are all top 3 material and top our prospects pool IMO.

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Every time he had the puck it seem he manage hold the puck a extra few second driving deeper in the zone to beat one guy. That fake shot pass to Smith was pretty impressive he sold it very well he had everyone committed to the shot…

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Idk, KH has a few more moves he has to make this summer concerning the excess of forwards. Probably won't be anything major, but there will be some action at least hehe
I would expect the action to pick up towards the end of camp when teams assess what they have and don't have. I can't see anybody wanting the players we want to move or dump before but you never know.

Reactions: FLHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad