Recalled/Assigned: Canadiens Cut 26 players

Analyzer*

You're looking at things in a really one dimensional manner but in the real world, that's not how it works.

For the habs, it's a bonus. A positive thing. I know we're all worried that he'll be playing again this year but it won't happen. Like you said, he sucked and we have better players. But for him to come to camp without a contract gave us a safety net in case ALL of our prospects sucked, and in case of injuries and considering that Bouillon already had to swallow his pride to come to camp without a contract, then the least we can do is give him the full camp. It's the respectful thing to do. It doesn't cost anything, so why not?

It's mostly the fear that he will be back. To let him play Saturday as his last game would be fine. Though, I'm still not entirely trusting that this management squad will see how inept Bouillon truly is.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Hudon was cut.

Also, weird tweet from John Shannon

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet
Canadiens announce Nikita Scherbak is being returned to the WHL...this season,Everett. Quietly they were disappointed with the Rd 1st Pick.

I think that's mostly his opinion and interpretation...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
fckya.gif

Regular season is near boys!

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Hudon was cut.

Also, weird tweet from John Shannon

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet
Canadiens announce Nikita Scherbak is being returned to the WHL...this season,Everett. Quietly they were disappointed with the Rd 1st Pick.

yeah so disappointed... they play him in 3 pre-season game and 2 of them on the first line with both Gally's and 1 time with DD.

Any idiot can write anything about everything......

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Speaking of Dietz, is he in the lineup tonight ? Could explain the biggest head scratcher. Other than Bouillon being still here.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Speaking of Dietz, is he in the lineup tonight ? Could explain the biggest head scratcher. Other than Bouillon being still here.

I don't think so, but he has only played one game so far (I think) and he looked good enough to deserve another game IMO.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I like Dietz. I really do.

But what is he doing still with us if Nygren sent to Hamilton? I dunno.

Including tonight we still have 5 games left, we need to keep some guys up who have no chance of really making the team.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I was gonna say that :laugh:

Subban also finished his first game at -2 and had a 3pts night

Give Bouillon a 8M contract too!

ya. i didnt get the -2 on PK's stat line that night.. if the other team only scored 2 and we scored 3 and PK got points on all 3, meaning he was on the ice for all 3 .. well that makes him a +1 ... but i guess even the stat guys are in preseason form still lol

..and shannon who? i thought Scherbak looked pretty good in his first camp... the guy is full of ****

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
yeah so disappointed... they play him in 3 pre-season game and 2 of them on the first line with both Gally's and 1 time with DD.

Any idiot can write anything about everything......

Didn't Bob McKenzie write the other day how pleased they were with Scherbak? McKenzie's credibility >>>>>>>>>> Shannon's

Bobby Mac is the best in the business.... bar none.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
ya. i didnt get the -2 on PK's stat line that night.. if the other team only scored 2 and we scored 3 and PK got points on all 3, meaning he was on the ice for all 3 .. well that makes him a +1 ... but i guess even the stat guys are in preseason form still lol

..and shannon who? i thought Scherbak looked pretty good in his first camp... the guy is full of ****

2 goals on the PP = no pluses.

That being said, the 3rd goal came after the end of the penalty, so Subban should have been a minus 1.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
Poor Nygren, 1 game with the worst liability ever and 1 game with Finley.

He was not gonna make the team out of the camp no matter what.. since Bergevin arrived, players needs to pay their due, and after what he did last season, Nygren has a whole mountain to climb if he wants to play for the Habs one day.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Yeah, me too.

He didn't stand out in a negative way, but he wasn't noticeable enough to survive this round of cuts IMO.

He did pretty well for a 1st year guy, not gonna make the team but no harm in keeping him around.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: