Recalled/Assigned: Canadiens Cut 26 players

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The following players have been assigned to Hamilton (* indicates an injury):

Mac Bennett, Tim Bozon, Daniel Carr, Michael Condon, Connor Crisp *, Morgan Ellis, Joe Finley, Stefan Fournier *, T.J. Hensick, Charles Hudon, Patrick Holland, David Makowski, Jack Nevins *, Magnus Nygren, Bobby Shea, Nick Sorkin, Dalton Thrower *.

The following players have released from the Canadiens training camp:

Justin Baker, Riley Brace, Joël Chouinard, Tanner Eberle, Sahir Gill, Stefano Momesso, Evan Wardley, Zach Yuen.

Nikita Scherbak has been assigned to the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=732132

Analyzer*

Even though Nygren didn't play well when he had a chance, he didn't get much of a chance this past game to prove anything.

68*

Poor Nygren, how is he gonna survive in the ghetto?

Who is left? Tinordi, Beaulieu, Sekac, Pateryn, Thomas, Hudon?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Was Holland injured? He got sent back without playing a single pre-season game. I guess that means the AHL for him for a long time.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Poor Nygren, how is he gonna survive in the ghetto?

Who is left? Tinordi, Beaulieu, Sekac, Pateryn, Thomas, Hudon?

Hudon was cut.

Also, weird tweet from John Shannon

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet
Canadiens announce Nikita Scherbak is being returned to the WHL...this season,Everett. Quietly they were disappointed with the Rd 1st Pick.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hudon was cut.

Also, weird tweet from John Shannon

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet
Canadiens announce Nikita Scherbak is being returned to the WHL...this season,Everett. Quietly they were disappointed with the Rd 1st Pick.

Seems like he's making a lot out of nothing. Not like they expected him to make the roster. He played well and I'm pretty sure they're happy...

So 40 player left at camp?

20 fwd, 11 D and 4 G per Canadiens website.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
35 joueurs sont toujours présents au camp d’entraînement (20 attaquants, 11 défenseurs, 4 gardiens).

35 player still in camp, 20 forwards, 11 defencemans and 4 goalies.

Oct 22, 2012
Seems like he's making a lot out of nothing. Not like they expected him to make the roster. He played well and I'm pretty sure they're happy...

20 fwd, 11 D and 4 G per Canadiens website.

Pretty sure one of bobby mac or lebrun said habs management seemed quite happy. I'd listen to what any of those two say over John Shannon.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I like Dietz. I really do.

But what is he doing still with us if Nygren sent to Hamilton? I dunno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad