vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Hudon was cut.

Also, weird tweet from John Shannon

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet
Canadiens announce Nikita Scherbak is being returned to the WHL...this season,Everett. Quietly they were disappointed with the Rd 1st Pick.

Honestly I think he's talking right out of his ass. There was nothing disappointing about what the 18 years old accomplished.

Welcome to the Rogers days eh ;)

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
All expected. DLR, Sekac, Andrighetto all still in. John Shannon's tweet is weird. What does he actually know about the Habs? I thought Scherbak was very good.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Dietz, Dumont, Bowman and Dowell

Goaltender

Price
Budaj
Tokarski
MacDonald

Defenceman

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gilbert
Beaulieu-Weaver
Tinordi-Pateryn
Bouillon-Dietz
Drewiske

Forwards

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Moen-Dowell-Bournival
De La Rose-Andrighetto-Thomas
Bowman-Dumont

Last edited:

neil2005

May 2, 2012
he's a Maple Leafs guy doesn't know **** about the habs try trying to stir up the pot. I wonder if he'll say the same thing when nylander gets sent back to Sweden.

All expected. DLR, Sekac, Andrighetto all still in. John Shannon's tweet is weird. What does he actually know about the Habs? I thought Scherbak was very good.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Hudon was cut.

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet
Canadiens announce Nikita Scherbak is being returned to the WHL...this season,Everett. Quietly they were disappointed with the Rd 1st Pick.

I'm pretty sure this guy has no clue and no legit sources.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Goaltender

Price
Budaj
Tokarski
MacDonald

Defenceman

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gilbert
Beaulieu-Weaver
Tinordi-Pateryn
Bouillon-Dietz
Drewiske

Forwards

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Moen-Dowell-Bournival
De La Rose-Dowell-Thomas
Bowman-Andrighetto
MacDonald on waivers. Thanks for the list though.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Hudon was cut.

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet

Sportsnet. Gotta love it.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
While I'm not saying Shannon is completely lying, it would just absolutely make no sense for the Habs to be disappointed by Scherbak..in his first professional training camp...as an 18 year old. No sense, whatsoever.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
My sentiments exactly. He is nothing special and does not warrant any preferential treatment.

Definitely.

What Nygren did was really weak. He would have had to be truly lights out in his skill and performances to stick around.

To give preferential treatment to Nygren now after what he's done would send a terrible message to the other prospects who weren't cry babies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
While I'm not saying Shannon is completely lying, it would just absolutely make no sense for the Habs to be disappointed by Scherbak..in his first professional training camp...as an 18 year old. No sense, whatsoever.

Why not? The guy looks completely full of it. :laugh:

As the old saying states: "Any publicity is good publicity."

Analyzer*

Of course. He's a veteran NHLer who showed up to camp with no contract.

Don't you think he deserves to at least be there until the end of camp?

No. Francis Bouillon ****ing sucks. Guy hasn't stood out.

The habs were quietly disappointed in him. Meaning that they wouldn't go and say he sucked, but they wanted to see more from him.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

In which case.... He's lying.

JT3

May 27, 2013
I thought Scherbak played for Saskatoon, or did he get traded? Or is that guy just dumb and didn't even get the right team

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I really don't care what Nygren did in Hamilton. That team was a circus with a coach who should have been sacked at least a year ago.

The thing is, he just might not be that good.

Though I'd rather see him get a chance than Francis ****ing Bouillon.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
No. Francis Bouillon ****ing sucks. Guy hasn't stood out.

The habs were quietly disappointed in him. Meaning that they wouldn't go and say he sucked, but they wanted to see more from him.

You're looking at things in a really one dimensional manner but in the real world, that's not how it works.

For the habs, it's a bonus. A positive thing. I know we're all worried that he'll be playing again this year but it won't happen. Like you said, he sucked and we have better players. But for him to come to camp without a contract gave us a safety net in case ALL of our prospects sucked, and in case of injuries and considering that Bouillon already had to swallow his pride to come to camp without a contract, then the least we can do is give him the full camp. It's the respectful thing to do. It doesn't cost anything, so why not?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hudon was cut.

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet

Tweet when Nylander gets cut:
Nylander extremely impressive to Leafs management but can't crack elite Leafs club.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I really don't care what Nygren did in Hamilton. That team was a circus with a coach who should have been sacked at least a year ago.

The thing is, he just might not be that good.

Though I'd rather see him get a chance than Francis ****ing Bouillon.

But Bouillon was the spearhead of our offense against the Avs! :sarcasm:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
You're looking at things in a really one dimensional manner but in the real world, that's not how it works.

For the habs, it's a bonus. A positive thing. I know we're all worried that he'll be playing again this year but it won't happen. Like you said, he sucked and we have better players. But for him to come to camp without a contract gave us a safety net in case ALL of our prospects sucked, and in case of injuries and considering that Bouillon already had to swallow his pride to come to camp without a contract, then the least we can do is give him the full camp. It's the respectful thing to do. It doesn't cost anything, so why not?

I'm pretty sure the respectful thing to do would be to release him to allow him to find a job somewhere else.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm pretty sure the respectful thing to do would be to release him to allow him to find a job somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure that Bouillon is fully aware that this is a long shot at best and he is going in knowing this. His kids are going to school here apparently, and his family wants to stay here. He's holding unto that 1% chance IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad