GDT: Canadians vs. Devils 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal

Jan 18, 2018
To be honest, Montreal is not a team that makes me want to smash my TV if we lose to them. Tampa, Columbus and Carolina on the other hand... And if we're not contending for the cup I would like to see a Canadian team win it. Vancouver has been my distant second favorite team since the early 90's. Will be cheering for them in the spring while we're out on the golf course.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The upside is that every painful game works towards Nas not being coach.
I don't think he ever really had a chance, once Shero was fired.

Maybe Fitzgerald liked him though.

I think almost the entire staff is getting dunked, but with my luck, everyone but Kowalsky will go.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
To be honest, Montreal is not a team that makes me want to smash my TV if we lose to them. Tampa, Columbus and Carolina on the other hand... And if we're not contending for the cup I would like to see a Canadian team win it. Vancouver has been my distant second favorite team since the early 90's. Will be cheering for them in the spring while we're out on the golf course.

Whilst I agree - the Kovy sauce on the top kinda made me want to smash my TV.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Signal

Jan 18, 2018
I don't think he ever really had a chance, once Shero was fired.

Maybe Fitzgerald liked him though.

I think almost the entire staff is getting dunked, but with my luck, everyone but Kowalsky will go.

Kowalsky our new head coach next year! :eek2:

Signal

Jan 18, 2018
I feel like I'm the only Devil fan who doesn't hate Kovy. I WAS extremely shocked and disappointed that he just up and left us while still a great goal scorer. I do think that is a real shitty thing to do to a team. But to me that simply means he didn't want to be a part of this team. I actually think it's good to see him having a little success again. I think it's good for the fans and the league when talented guys succeed. Just not when they play against us! LOL. And I think I am also the only fan who doesn't understand the "we were better off without him" mentality because our team has sucked ASS since he left. But hopefully Nico and Jack will one day help this club pick up the pieces Kovy and management left behind.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I feel like I'm the only Devil fan who doesn't hate Kovy. I WAS extremely shocked and disappointed that he just up and left us while still a great goal scorer. I do think that is a real ****ty thing to do to a team. But to me that simply means he didn't want to be a part of this team. I actually think it's good to see him having a little success again. I think it's good for the fans and the league when talented guys succeed. Just not when they play against us! LOL. And I think I am also the only fan who doesn't understand the "we were better off without him" mentality because our team has sucked ASS since he left. But hopefully Nico and Jack will one day help this club pick up the pieces Kovy and management left behind.

You’re not

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
New Devils Den item.

butcher.jpg

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Honestly, I kind of liked seeing troll Kovy again when he shushed the crowd after scoring.
I was expecting it after all of the booing. I had a bunch of idiots next me to complaining about him retiring and ruining this team etc etc all night. Kovy leaving when he did was a blessing. We didn’t have to worry about that abhorrent contract or worry about a massive cap penalty later on. That is why I do not boo him.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I was expecting it after all of the booing. I had a bunch of idiots next me to complaining about him retiring and ruining this team etc etc all night. Kovy leaving when he did was a blessing. We didn’t have to worry about that abhorrent contract or worry about a massive cap penalty later on.

That's why I don't really hate him. I'm more indifferent than anything towards him. I always respect a heel doing heel things though and the shush was a classic heel move. Plus, who the hell cares at this point? If we were fighting for a playoff spot I'd probably feel differently, but we're not so I'll take anything that's amusing.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Do your best to enjoy the entertainment of a terrible team. It will be a terrible team for a while, years.

It's entertainment, not entertained, enjoy hockey, watch another team.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Tying it up with the goalie pulled was nice.

But while we are on the subject of bonehead personnel moves, what about Will Butcher’s overtime shifts. Don’t know what Nas was thinking having him out there repeatedly in a situation where speed and strength are both key. People just skate rings around him.

They don't have better options. The other choices are Greene, Mueller, White, and Carrick. Butcher is slow but he can find the open man.

They should consider 3 F-0 D in that position.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly everything at this point forward is useless to me.

we don’t have a GM. We don’t have a coach. I imagine the guys aren’t sure who is going to be here still by the end of the season, never mind next year. And if they are here no idea who is in charge.

On top of guys almost certainly starting to check out to at least some degree because the season is over.

Throw the whole season in the trash. Get someone in here to run this team and go from there.

Reactions: Satans Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad