Canadian Team with Best Top 5 Prospects

Which Canadian team has the best top 5 prospects?

• Total voters

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So you live in an alternate reality where Holloway is winning the Hobey Baker, where Holloway scored more goals than pretty much anyone in three decades and had the 3rd best PPG?

Do you think Marchand is a much better player than McDavid? By all accounts they both had a similar PPG gap and one of them just brings a lot more.
You're the one living in an alternative reality where you think Caufield is the best prospect in hockey.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
NTDP records, broken.
WJC U18 record, tied.
Best GPG ever in the NCAA

4th best u20 PPG ever in the NCAA
6th most goals ever in the NCAA

I mean... I said what i said.
So you're confirming you don't know what literally means.

Because judging by that, he broke 2 records, and not every record.

Reactions: NyQuil

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
NTDP records, broken.
WJC U18 record, tied.
Best GPG ever in the NCAA

4th best u20 PPG ever in the NCAA
6th most goals ever in the NCAA

I mean... I said what i said.

So no? "Literally" means "exactly" or "precisely".

You're claiming he's won every single record that ever existed...then you named 2 records out of thousands of records and said "I said what I said".

Now you understand why we're laughing?

Reactions: Kelly

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So no? "Literally" means "exactly" or "precisely".

You're claiming he's won every single record that ever existed...then you named 2 records out of thousands of records and said "I said what I said".

Now you understand why we're laughing?
Im sorry he didnt break the record for the longest touchdown in the NFL while not playing there, thats true.

He did break every scoring record he could reach.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Im sorry he didnt break the record for the longest touchdown in the NFL while not playing there, thats true.

He did break every scoring record he could reach.

No he most certainly did not.

Or do you also not know the definition of "every" either.

Why can't you just speak properly and say "he broke a couple records" instead of speaking in hyperbole and getting called out?

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
True. He had significantly better offensive toolset though. Not just his shot. His playmaking, creativty, etc. Most of Caufield's goals and highlights are just him ripping it.

In the WJC players caught on and he was mitigated.

His defensive game is also atrocious.

I mean this with all due respect but... the guy is textbook one trick pony; a very fast one at that.

He's like Ovechkin... without the size... physicality, explosiveness and elite playmaking help like Backstrom.

So consistent 30goal guy and 20ish assists with maybe more with elite playmaker.
Caufield = Tatar?

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
[mod]

I'm happy for Perfetti to go under the radar.

Can't wait to see these players in 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
[mod]

I'm happy for Perfetti to go under the radar.

Can't wait to see these players in 3 years.
yeah regardless of who is the best "prospect" i think Perfetti turns into the best NHL player out of the forward pool.

having good production in the AHL as a freshly minted 19 year old, as a center is very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
yeah regardless of who is the best "prospect" i think Perfetti turns into the best NHL player out of the forward pool.

having good production in the AHL as a freshly minted 19 year old, as a center is very impressive.
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert here because I really have not watched a ton of Perfetti.

I thought his draft year stats wise we excellent. Not just the 111 points but because he had 31 more points than the next best player on his team.

I've only really saw him play at the Wjc. I was disappointed with his WJC performance. I felt like he was trying to do everything from the outside and wanted to see him put more pressure on the defenders.

Seems like he had a slow start to his AHL season but looks like his production is starting to go up as he is adjusting to the level of play.

I like his scouting reports that call him a very smart player. I hope that helps him make up for any physical detriments he might have. As a Jet fan I'm hopeful.

Reactions: CatchyTune

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Holloway's production in the NCAA this year was nearly as good as Caufield despite being a year younger and the much better defensive/physical player.

Also I'd pretty comfortably take Bouchard/Sanderson ahead of him.
Holloway isn’t a year younger, he was drafted a year later but they had the exact same amount of college experience (2 years) and played the exact same opponents growing up.
Difference is Holloway was eligible for the 2020 draft, Caufield 2019.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Out of the OP choices, only Pinto and Sanderson are top-5 prospects for the Sens.

From the top-20 we did after the draft

1- Tim Stutzle (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Jake Sanderson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #4)
5- Erik Brannstrom (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #5)
6- Logan Brown (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #6)
7- Jacob Bernard-Docker (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #7)
8- Alex Formenton (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #8)
9- Shane Pinto (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #9)
10- Ridly Greig (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #10)
11- Roby Jarventie (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #11)
12- Rudolfs Balcers (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #12)
13- Vitali Abramov (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #13)
14- Joey Daccord (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #14 TIE BREAK)
15- Lassi Thomson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #15)
16- Egor Sokolov (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #16)
17- Tyler Kleven (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #17)
18- Filip Chlapik (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #18)
19- Mads Søgaard (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #19)
20- Filip Gustavsson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #20)

Now there's several we'd take over Brannstrom, including Formenton and Pinto. Not sure where they'd rank but Greig, Sokolov and Kleven are rising. Also I think people have under-estimated Angus Crookshank (not even top-20 here). Kid has 10 pts in 8 GP in the AHL and has totally changed Belleville's offense complexion. Jarventie also has a pretty decent 18 y/o rookie season in Liiga. Abramov brings a lot of offense but we're not convinced about his overall game

As for Gustavsson, we had Daccord and Sogaard ranked higher

Last edited:

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
MTL for the same reason Edmonton has the best core in the league, they have the better player by far.

Caufield blows every single canadian prospect out of the water save for Heinola and Robertson. WPG doesn't have any depth after Perfetti and Toronto has Sandin = Harris/Guhle as fringe top 4 Ds.
Podz says hello as he accepts the Calder next season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sokolov has 12 goals for Belleville a 6.4 monster with an elite shot,thinking he may be an interesting prospect to follow for Ottawa

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Ottawa
Winnipeg
Toronto
Montreal
Edmonton

Vancouver
Calgary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad