Canadian Team with Best Top 5 Prospects

Which Canadian team has the best top 5 prospects?

• Total voters

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Which Canadian team has the best top 5 prospects (using Button's list)? Rank them 1 to 7 as well.

:flames
upload_2021-4-2_14-27-10.png

:edmonton
upload_2021-4-2_14-27-38.png

:habs
upload_2021-4-2_14-27-53.png

:sens
upload_2021-4-2_14-28-27.png

:leafs
upload_2021-4-2_14-28-51.png

:nucks
upload_2021-4-2_14-29-6.png

:jets
upload_2021-4-2_14-29-31.png

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Pretty easily Ottawa.

also where tf is Liljegren on our board? not that it really matters, just curious

edit: oh you want a ranking

Ottawa
Toronto
Edmonton
Montreal
Winnipeg
Vancouver
Calgary

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
agreed, but may not be included since hes played 11 games in the NHL

Although Brannstrom shouldnt be there in that case
well, Sandin also has 29 games so i have no idea.

just saw this is Button's list, maybe he just doesnt like him :huh: he is pretty consensus top 5 though

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
well, Sandin also has 29 games so i have no idea.

just saw this is Button's list, maybe he just doesnt like him :huh: he is pretty consensus top 5 though
True, also has Bouchard for EDM who's played a bit

Could be non active rostered players

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
True, also has Bouchard for EDM who's played a bit

Could be non active rostered players

Seems to be players that haven’t graduated.
Brannstrom just went to Belleville for 4 games and put up 5 points.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
MTL for the same reason Edmonton has the best core in the league, they have the better player by far.

Caufield blows every single canadian prospect out of the water save for Heinola and Robertson. WPG doesn't have any depth after Perfetti and Toronto has Sandin = Harris/Guhle as fringe top 4 Ds.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Went with the homer vote because of Caufield. Overall though, Ottawa's crop is hard to beat.
Also, not knowing what criteria Button used for these lists, if eligible, I would rather have Sean Farrell on the list instead of Norlinder.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
OTT/EDM - The depth of quality prospects has these 2 above the others
WPG - Heinola and Perfetti are better than what the teams below have
TOR/MTL - Interchangeable, maybe a slight edge to TOR for depth but meh
CGY - Don't necessarily have the high end pieces of the teams above them, but some decent depth
VAN - Their prized prospect is an offensively stunted middle six winger

Last edited:

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Voted Ottawa.
Their strategy of trying to draft the entire North Dakota team is paying dividends.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
MTL for the same reason Edmonton has the best core in the league, they have the better player by far.

Caufield blows every single canadian prospect out of the water save for Heinola and Robertson. WPG doesn't have any depth after Perfetti and Toronto has Sandin = Harris/Guhle as fringe top 4 Ds.
:huh:

i dont think of Caufield that highly. i would rather have Jake Sanderson in terms of who is presented on this list.

he's pretty comparable to Holloway/Robertson/Perfetti in terms of forward prospects

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

i dont think of Caufield that highly. i would rather have Jake Sanderson in terms of who is presented on this list.

he's pretty comparable to Holloway/Robertson/Perfetti in terms of forward prospects

Perfetti is in another tier above Caufield, Holloway, Robertson. Perfetti is the best forward prospect in Canada.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I love Robertson, and I had him just above Caufield on draft day, but its pretty clear Caufield has surpassed anyone in the canadian division with his last 30 games in the NCAA, its not really close. Kinda awkward that you'd mention Holloway as around Caufield when they both played on the same thing and things aren't relatively close, to be fair.

Sanderson was a reach and probably doesn't even go top 10 in a re-draft, he's right around the bolded defenders in talent.

Also let me guess, you think Sandin blows these guys out of the water ? Lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad