Canadian Team with Best Top 5 Prospects

Which Canadian team has the best top 5 prospects?

• Total voters

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
So you live in an alternate reality where Holloway is winning the Hobey Baker, where Holloway scored more goals than pretty much anyone in three decades and had the 3rd best PPG?

Do you think Marchand is a much better player than McDavid? By all accounts they both had a similar PPG gap and one of them just brings a lot more.
Ok so your first problem is using Connor Mcdavid as Caufields comparion.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

Also just added an assist on a sick deke :)

Imagine thinking this kid isn't the best prospect in Canada.

i dont base my opinions off of 1 game. will be interesting to see his 10-15 game sample size in the A. he could definitely move up in that time.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
i dont base my opinions off of 1 game. will be interesting to see his 10-15 game sample size in the A. he could definitely move up in that time.

He has scored goals literally all his life, that kind of shot and IQ will work at all levels and no matter the size.

Weve seen Ovechkin literally stand still on the powerplay for two decades and score every other game, kids scoring AT LEAST 30 a year.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
He has scored goals literally all his life, that kind of shot and IQ will work at all levels and no matter the size.

Weve seen Ovechkin literally stand still on the powerplay for two decades and score every other game, kids scoring AT LEAST 30 a year.
i would pump the breaks a lil. guy just got his 1st AHL goal.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Guy has broken literally every scoring record ever lmao.

Were you pumping the brakes when Matthews scored four in his first game ? It was obvious he was going to be a goalscorer, this is the same thing.
scoring 4 goals in an NHL game is not comparable to scoring 1 in an AHL game.

if i was saying this stuff about Nick Robertson i would be getting ripped to shreds.

just enjoy the ride and hope for the best.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
scoring 4 goals in an NHL game is not comparable to scoring 1 in an AHL game.

if i was saying this stuff about Nick Robertson i would be getting ripped to shreds.

just enjoy the ride and hope for the best.
Id say that stuff about Robertson too if he was doing what Cole did the last 12 months.

He didn't though, and I had Nick ranked ahead of Cole going in the draft and I was one of the guys that was skeptical of Coles upside. Was it Jack ? Was it just too easy with the US team?

Nah, kids just that good.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Id say that stuff about Robertson too if he was doing what Cole did the last 12 months.

He didn't though, and I had Nick ranked ahead of Cole going in the draft and I was one of the guys that was skeptical of Coles upside. Was it Jack ? Was it just too easy with the US team?

Nah, kids just that good.
i could be pumping Robertsons tires after his insane OHL year. but im not.

i wouldnt hold my breath on a 5'7 winger lighting up the NHL.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
i could be pumping Robertsons tires after his insane OHL year. but im not.

i wouldnt hold my breath on a 5'7 winger lighting up the NHL.

Lol, is that it ? Thats the whole issue ? What is his size going to do... He won't be able to shoot the puck? Come on man. Ive seen David f***ing Desharnais and Paul Byron have pretty decent NHL careers and they have literally no talent.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol, is that it ? Thats the whole issue ? What is his size going to do... He won't be able to shoot the puck? Come on man. Ive seen David f***ing Desharnais and Paul Byron have pretty decent NHL careers and they have literally no talent.
didnt say he wasnt. he could be a good NHLer but i dont see him reaching star status.

has there ever been a good NHL player 5'7? 5'8? even Johnny Gaudreau is 5'9.

Closest is Cam Atkinson at 5'8. so maybe. thats actually a very good comparable now that i say it...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
didnt say he wasnt. he could be a good NHLer but i dont see him reaching star status.

has there ever been a good NHL player 5'7? 5'8? even Johnny Gaudreau is 5'9.

Closest is Cam Atkinson at 5'8. so maybe. thats actually a very good comparable now that i say it...
Whats one or two inch going to do lmao?

Also one of the best goalscorer ever was 5'6, might want to look up Theo Fleury.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Whats one or two inch going to do lmao?

Also one of the best goalscorer ever was 5'6, might want to look up Theo Fleury.
A lot she tells me

im trying to think of recent/current guys. Brian Gionta comes to mind. Martin St.Louis is comparable height wise but... ambitious talent wise.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A lot she tells me

im trying to think of recent/current guys. Brian Gionta comes to mind. Martin St.Louis is comparable height wise but... ambitious talent wise.
Henri Richard, Marcel Dionne, Cournoyer if you want to go further back.

Debrincat is 5'7 and scoring 40 a year. Marchessault is another.

Guess what, he scored again.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Henri Richard, Marcel Dionne, Cournoyer if you want to go further back.

Debrincat is 5'7 and scoring 40 a year. Marchessault is another.

Guess what, he scored again.
nice

ya Debrincats a good one right now, not really Marchessault though at 5'9. even Marchand is 5'9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad