Canadian Soccer Part III

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Would be down to see some kind of one game knockout system similar to the MLS. Would be great to get some more high-stake games in the league. Especially at these early stages of the league

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
If it means getting rid of the stupid spring-summer crap then go for it but 3 teams maximum and #1 hosts the final after #2 hosts #3 in the round before.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If it means getting rid of the stupid spring-summer crap then go for it but 3 teams maximum and #1 hosts the final after #2 hosts #3 in the round before.

I would be down for something like that. I don't want them to stray too far away the European model, ideally we have an out in out winner from the season.

I'm hoping the new format for the Canadian Championship wills scratch the itch for knockout tournaments.

Reactions: Pouchkine

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Here is how we are lining up. CPL's Didic get's his first start, also hoping to see an appearance from Borges!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Terrible give away and defending on that goal against....

Borges coming on so that is exciting for the Forge fan in me!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
CPL getting close to a deal in Ottawa. Also Joel Waterman becomes the first CPL player to be bought by an MLS side. Cavalry to Montreal!

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
CPL getting close to a deal in Ottawa. Also Joel Waterman becomes the first CPL player to be bought by an MLS side. Cavalry to Montreal!

The new team in Ottawa is interesting, people are twitter are saying a LaLiga team owner is bringing the new team to Ottawa.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The new team in Ottawa is interesting, people are twitter are saying a LaLiga team owner is bringing the new team to Ottawa.

Yeah that's the main report. Would definitely be interesting.

I don't think Canada would supply to good of a pipe line for a La Liga team but it would give the ownership team another level to loan/scout from.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah that's the main report. Would definitely be interesting.

I don't think Canada would supply to good of a pipe line for a La Liga team but it would give the ownership team another level to loan/scout from.

Yes it would be really cool. The rumor is that it's Athletico Madrid, I'm not sure I understand why they would be interested in investing money in Ottawa but for us (the fans) it is really fun. If the league keep doing well (with investor like this it should) they will probably loan us player in the futur.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
But could they really start this year or is it already too late?

I think if they had the money it could be set up pretty quick. They already have the infrastructure and the schedule is yet to be set for the CPL season.

They would likely just miss out on the Voyageurs cup at this point since that is already set.

Reactions: Pouchkine

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So many mixed feeling on this one. Sad I'm not going to watch Borges week in and out anymore, however this is a sign the league is doing what it was made to do. A young Canadian going into Europe, OH Leuven is vying for promotion. Cool to see them pick up a Canadian to help with that difficult task

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Bizarre move though, it's not a strong Second Division, he didn't have any MLS offer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad