Canadian Soccer Part III

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Our attack is decent, but our defense and midfield still isn't up to par compared to the top tier in concacaf.

When Eustaquiao is your best mid you got issues....guy couldn't even get on the bench of a weak Portugals u21 generation a few years back.

That's my biggest worry, our attackers wont get the ball enough against USA/Mexico/Costa Rica.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Deceptively competitive game tonight for Canada. I still expect you guys to go handle them, but Suriname has quite a few dual-national gems for the CONCACAF level.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Our attack is decent, but our defense and midfield still isn't up to par compared to the top tier in concacaf.

When Eustaquiao is your best mid you got issues....guy couldn't even get on the bench of a weak Portugals u21 generation a few years back.

That's my biggest worry, our attackers wont get the ball enough against USA/Mexico/Costa Rica.
I'm only worried about Suriname tonight but i take your point.

Reactions: robertmac43

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm not overly nervous about tonight. Could be a little tricky but I'm expecting a fairly straight forward win.

Haiti awaits the winner in the second round. 1st leg June 12th and 2nd leg June 15th.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
You can tell the team needed some time to settle in as a unit. They are starting to look better as the half ends.

First 5 were good... adrenaline!

Second 10 were scary!

They look comfortable now. Has this lineup ever played together before? I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad