Canadian Soccer Part III

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think keeping him as LB for Canada wouldn't be the best move. A lot of what makes Davies effective at Bayern is that he is a LB with plenty of room to join the attack. When Canada sets up to defend there is less fluidity through the phases.

I wouldn't want Davies to be trapped in the backline.
I am of a similar mindset...hoping Adekugbe or Gutierrez can play an adequate, defensive, left back for us.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I am of a similar mindset...hoping Adekugbe or Gutierrez can play an adequate, defensive, left back for us.
Agreed! And maybe someday Abzi I doubt he will be at the level we want him to, but its an exciting prospect to have CPL players taking off from the league.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada

Special moment for the kid! He's currently playing for England at the youth level but was born and raised for 13 years in Canada. Will see what happens but exciting nonetheless.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In other Canada news. Baldisimo is opting for the Philippines. Not a huge loss, I think he is a peak MLS level player.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Suriname won their match yesterday so they are 3-0.

Canada play their 3rd match tonight against Aruba. Should be a win, which will set up the match for the second round next week against Suriname.

Reactions: robertmac43

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Cavallini with a first half brace. The second created by Buchanan who has pushed up after Hoilett felt injured. Brault Guillard on at RB.

Junny had a penalty for the second goal.

This is mainly a second string.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Agreed. I'm fired up to see what the full first team will look like out there. Tonight's lineup has got to be the best starting 11 Canada has ever fielded in their history, right?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Agreed. I'm fired up to see what the full first team will look like out there. Tonight's lineup has got to be the best starting 11 Canada has ever fielded in their history, right?
I would think so. Likely going to be saying this each game for the next couple of years as the prospects continue to improve!

Reactions: Joufreau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad