Canadian Soccer Part III

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
6-0, 2 way from tying the biggest win in Mens Soccer history. With 45 minutes left seems it seem inevitable.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So this group x2 then the winner of the group moves on to play the winner of the other groups?

Only the group winners advance to round 2. Canada is in Group B. Winner of Group B will play the winner of Group E in round 2.

Round 2 is two leg playoff. 3 winners in round 2 will join 5 teams already qualified for round 3.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great win! Looking forward to some tough tests in the future. That being said I agree with the sentiment above. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, still a lot of work to do.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Only the group winners advance to round 2. Canada is in Group B. Winner of Group B will play the winner of Group E in round 2.

Round 2 is two leg playoff. 3 winners in round 2 will join 5 teams already qualified for round 3.
So the Hex is now a Oct? I get it now. Thanks, much appreciated. I thought 6 through 35 were all fighting for one spot. That makes the odds a bit better.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It was clear they were looking to score as many goals as possible for GD. They should win all 4 games, but nice to see them not take that for granted though and keep going.
I loved the killer instinct. Much needed from the team.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
It would've been so "Canadian" to feel bad and take their foot off the gas, only to be punished later on by goal difference. Such is the format.

Kudos for showing killer instinct without celebrating like American women playing such a lesser opponent.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It would've been so "Canadian" to feel bad and take their foot off the gas, only to be punished later on by goal difference. Such is the format.

Kudos for showing killer instinct without celebrating like American women playing such a lesser opponent.
Totally agree Al. An ass kicking with some class.

Reactions: al secord

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
will davies normally be playing on defense or will that be adjusted according to opponents?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
will davies normally be playing on defense or will that be adjusted according to opponents?
I hope we keep him on D and adapt as the game dictates.

We really need all the help on D that we can get.

If we need a goal, he can always move up and fill a more offensive role.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I hope we keep him on D and adapt as the game dictates.

We really need all the help on D that we can get.

If we need a goal, he can always move up and fill a more offensive role.
I think keeping him as LB for Canada wouldn't be the best move. A lot of what makes Davies effective at Bayern is that he is a LB with plenty of room to join the attack. When Canada sets up to defend there is less fluidity through the phases.

I wouldn't want Davies to be trapped in the backline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad