Canadian Soccer Part II

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Someone tell Benito Floro to GTFO. Hopefully the moron is fired after today. These subs were so ****ing stupid.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Thank you for everything Floro, thank you for Arfield, Akindele and Hoilett, Vitoria too, thanks for making the pool just a bit deeper, and bringing some credibility to the team. It sucks that it's ending that way.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Bye Bye Floro.

Edgar on for Hoilett.

Disgraceful subs and finishing this game. Should have been up 6-0

Taking out Larin and Hoilett has completely changed the game. That's the point where momentum shifted the other way. I am completely dumbfounded as to why he elected to do that in a game where Canada desperately needed goals....

A goal that comes too little to late. Wouldn't have mattered had they won 10-0. Mexico and Honduras will end as a draw in a sketchy half where Mexico dominated and then completely let up for some unknown reason.

CruOG_lUkAAXxDO.jpg:large

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Hey, at least TFC's shown signs of life, recently. :laugh:

Our men's team continues to merely tread water......another four years down the drain after yet another WC qualifying failure.

Unfortunately Canada can't spend 7 million dollars a year on a star poacher

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Probably their best chance to qualify for the Hex in like a billion years and they squandered it long before tonight.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2022 was the earliest we were supposed to realistically qualify.

In 4 years we'll have be a lot better actually:

Crepeau (should be a quality MLS goalie)
James
Henry
Tomori (if we can keep him)
Morgan
Aird
Davies (think we can all agree he'll make his debut soon)
Talba (if we cap tie him and he accepts)
Hoilett
Arfield
Teibert
Osorio
Akindele
Larin

Boakkai may be in the mix, not sure who else, maybe Josh Doughty ?

From a technical skills standpoint, that's not half bad and guys like Bustos and Chung and Choniere could be in the mix, time will tell.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
This was decided 10 months ago in San Salvador - just a slow and agonising process to get there.

I have many thoughts, but the one I'll choose to go with right now is if Cyle Larin wants to succeed in Europe he better drag the corpse of Kaka with him. I disagreed with many of Floro's decisions but it must suck to have a striker that is that poor in front of goal (unless he's on his ass or blatantly offside).

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
We lost qualification when we drew El Salvador away.

They had a u20 team and we couldnt win that day.
Salvador at home

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad