Canada's Team

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Please don't call the Jets "Canada's Team".

The Saskatchewan Roughriders, and especially their fans, are a lesser class of people because they believe they're somehow "Canada's Team". The Toronto Maple Leafs, and especially [some of] their fans, are a lesser class of people because they believe they're somehow "Canada's Team". The Dallas Cowboys, and especially their fans, are really, really a lesser class of people because they believe they're somehow "America's Team".

I can't think of a more arrogant, insecure, and embarrassing thing for a team's fanbase to say. "Canada's Team" played at the Olympics. End of story.
I agree. We are Manitobas team. That is all.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Don't need the pressure of carrying the hopes of the whole country..

I don't cheer for any other Canadian teams, hate them the most. Irrational? Maybe, but I do.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Pens/Caps might draw better ratings than the Jets/Preds in the Eastern and Atlantic provinces, so you never know.
Well, the Jets on SportsNet destroyed the Pens-Flyers series on CBC in the first round, ratings-wise. I think a bunch of Leafs fans will stop watching hockey now (they're tribal Leafs fans, not hockey fans per se). The ones that keep watching will probably gravitate towards the Jets-Preds series. Not sure about Quebec or Atlantic fans.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I sent a Jets Cap early this week to a friend in Waterloo... (Ontario... for geo' challenged)...

A passionate Habs fan...

I did him that favor because he matters...

So this partisan talk of Manitoba only sells us short... we should be inviting the World...

This season The Finns joined us as brothers in very prescient numbers...

So... I.... should limit my scope of our joy... never mind mine... ? :sarcasm:

Canada's Team... or let's say... A team... A province... A country... A great bunch of guys... A great bunch of hockey players... A connection, what ever it might be...

Canada's Team... I admit it... I am wrong...

Those who chose to join this Bandwagon... Peace... Love...

giphy.gif

Hell yes...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
IMG_0956.jpg

:laugh:

I doubt we're "Canada's team", whatever the hell that means. I know I'm going to have to tip-toe around the Leafs loss at work tomorrow, as there are going to be some very unhappy fans.

Was honestly a pretty good series, and a good game last night for the Leafs until the 3rd rolled around.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
IMG_0956.jpg

I doubt we're "Canada's team", whatever the hell that means. I know I'm going to have to tip-toe around the Leafs loss at work tomorrow, as there are going to be some very unhappy fans.

Was honestly a pretty good series, and a good game last night for the Leafs until the 3rd rolled around.

Tip toe... ?

I get it... you are at ground zero...

But don't say a crass thing...

If someone brings it up.... casually just say... "oh, ya... Jet's are good...thx.."... humbly... trailing off... after-though-ish'...

Keep doing that over and over...

PS... or as King Woodballs says a few posts down from this one... just drive the knife in deeper... and twist....

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think there can ever be a "Canada's Team" in hockey.
I legit hate most of the other Canadian teams and actively cheer against them.most of the time.

I will cheer for any Canadian team over any American team - every time. Well - except Vancouver. :laugh: In 2011, 'Nucks fans rejected being Canada's team. They are dead to me! They are even lower than any team Marchand plays for.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Please don't call the Jets "Canada's Team".

The Saskatchewan Roughriders, and especially their fans, are a lesser class of people because they believe they're somehow "Canada's Team". The Toronto Maple Leafs, and especially [some of] their fans, are a lesser class of people because they believe they're somehow "Canada's Team". The Dallas Cowboys, and especially their fans, are really, really a lesser class of people because they believe they're somehow "America's Team".

I can't think of a more arrogant, insecure, and embarrassing thing for a team's fanbase to say. "Canada's Team" played at the Olympics. End of story.

I choose to disagree. :thumbd:

You can't name yourself 'Canada's Team'. You have to be chosen. If Canadians adopt the Jets then they are Canada's team.

Reactions: larmex99 and SUX2BU

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Does that mean we get 1sT dibs for the CBC Saturday night slot for next week now that Toronto is out ?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Canada's team will play in the WHC tourney.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I sent a Jets Cap early this week to a friend in Waterloo... (Ontario... for geo' challenged)...

A passionate Habs fan...

I did him that favor because he matters...

So this partisan talk of Manitoba only sells us short... we should be inviting the World...

This season The Finns joined us as brothers in very prescient numbers...

So... I.... should limit my scope of our joy... never mind mine... ? :sarcasm:

Canada's Team... or let's say... A team... A province... A country... A great bunch of guys... A great bunch of hockey players... A connection, what ever it might be...

Canada's Team... I admit it... I am wrong...

Those who chose to join this Bandwagon... Peace... Love...

giphy.gif

Hell yes...

giphy.gif

Can I throw him off ???

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Some Canadian fans will only root for their team and wish ill on all other Canadian teams. I think they want the glory of having their team bring the cup home to Canada.

Of course, there are fans like me who wish all Canadian teams do well (I would rather have a passionate Canadian fan base enjoy success than an American one).

So, I expect some Canadian fans to bandwagon, while others will oppose us.

Regardless of national allegience, the Jets players are actually really easy to cheer for. Great style of play and personalities. So many classy guys and leaders throughout the lineup.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
i don't mix nationalism with the nhl, but I do think the Jets will gain in popularity across the hockey world as more people watch them play. for the reasons Guffman talked about. gjg.

Reactions: kanadalainen

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
IMG_0956.jpg

f*** tip toeing lol
Drive that knife in deeper and give it a twist!

Reactions: bromine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad