Canada's Team

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Provorov had a terrible series and has made some mistakes as a young defenseman, do we not want any part of him now either?

Maybe Huddy and Jets system could help turn Gardiner around?

You can't compare a so to be 28 year old who has never figured out the defensive part of the game to a 21 year old who has time to learn and is probably at this point in his career a better all around defencemen than Gardiner will ever be, also Gardiner is UFA after the next season, another reason not to want him anywhere near the Jets.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I know I'm going to have to tip-toe around the Leafs loss at work tomorrow, as there are going to be some very unhappy fans.

Was honestly a pretty good series, and a good game last night for the Leafs until the 3rd rolled around.

I hope you made it through your day without quietly humming the "na na na na, hey hey, goodbye"song, and occasionally bursting into giggle fits. ;)

Joking aside, good on TO for making a serious out of it. Gotta expect a young rebuilding team to have some growing pains. We should know.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
1027883165.jpg

Kinda getting full here, new applicants will need to be thoroughly vetted, credit score checked and have to renounce your allegiance to your favourite team.

I kid, I kid, all you mahf@ckers are welcome.
GoJetsGo.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
The Jets aren't Manitoba's team in Brandon? lmfao.

PLEASE PRAY FOR BRANDON ON ACCOUNT OF ALL THEIR SUFFERING!!!!!

I said not all of Brandon. The Wheat Kings are Brandon’s team, most of all. After that, it would seem that for NHL teams, Winnipeg is most popular, but with Edmonton, Toronto, and Las Vegas not that far behind, Vegas because of the Kelly McCrimmon connection. Jets support has definitely surged this year, which is good, but I don’t know how deep it is.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yup and some of them have already used that "We are Winnipeg" avatar. I hesitated using that avatar. I mean, I have never visited Winnipeg (or Canada or even North America). You know, "Ich bin ein Berliner" (for example Usain Bolt and some US president), so why not "We are Winnipeg" for us Finns too?

I am a fan of Jets (*) and I would definitely like the city as well as it seems Laine feels at home there. But that's woulda coulda shoulda, but I'm not there, so no "We are Winnipeg" avatar for me, yet.

*) the usual story: came here for Laine, found the Jets. Jets 1.0 also was close to my heart because of Teppo Numminen, one of my favourite players.
Teppo was always one of my favorite Jets and a VERY under rated D man. Played 18-19 years and I can't say enough good things about him. We could use him!

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I said not all of Brandon. The Wheat Kings are Brandon’s team, most of all. After that, it would seem that for NHL teams, Winnipeg is most popular, but with Edmonton, Toronto, and Las Vegas not that far behind, Vegas because of the Kelly McCrimmon connection. Jets support has definitely surged this year, which is good, but I don’t know how deep it is.
ummm I don't know what Brandon you live in..., but the Brandon I go too is full of Jets fans.

Reactions: Rubixpube

Noeller

Dec 13, 2007
Oil Country
I know it's all in jest/fun, but that whole "Canada's Team" thing really is a Riders fan thing to do/say. From what I can gather from other teams HFB, Jets fans are already getting a bit of a Riders fan reputation (the whole "TRUE NORTH!" thing, etc...) so it's likely best to just play it cool. Go Jets Go!!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Could care less what any other fan base thinks.
As dysfunctional as our board can be it’s us against them.
We are perhaps among the most passionate fans of the Jets and I really only pay attention to our board closely.
I’d have beers with anyone on the HF Jets
Go Jets !
I would not have cilantro though as I do have boundaries

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
ummm I don't know what Brandon you live in..., but the Brandon I go too is full of Jets fans.

Well, that's kinda what I just said, isn't it? The number of Jets fans has increased hugely this year, but there are still a disturbingly high number of Oilers, Flames, Leafs, and Knights fans. Also, since I teach young adults for a living and am surrounded by quite literally hundreds of them every single day, I probably have a pretty good feel for things.

They're definitely getting better, and no doubt the Jets are, overall, the most popular NHL team in Brandon, but not with percentages like they have in Winnipeg.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
For the record, Ron MacLean referred to our Jets as "Canada's Team" at the start of the intro to tonight's Pens/Caps game...

Charon2000

Jun 22, 2011
Winnipeg
If people from other parts of Canada want to cheer for the Jets because we're the only Canadian based team, that's great. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm not too interested in what anybody else across Canada thinks about the Jets, good or bad, or whether we're seen as "Canada's Team." What I do care about, is that the loyal Winnipeg and MB fans who've supported this team through thick and thin, buying season tickets and through other means of support, have a great time with this. We deserve it. I'm not concerned how the street party looks to Canadians on national TV, I do care that the people who attend it have a blast. It's a great thing for Jets fans and the city. Don't care how impressive shots of Bell MTS viewing party will look on national TV or what anybody thinks of it, only that the Jets fans who attend have fun watching and cheering together.

This is an exciting time for the City, the Province and the tremendous fans who've supported the Jets (including long-time fans from out of the region as well).

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
He did it again between periods. Yup. :popcorn:

Did you ever notice how almost every time kypreos is talking there comes a moment when he seems to realize he doesn’t actually have a point to make? :laugh:
This. Guy's taken one too many conks to the coconut. I could be biased as I've disliked him since he fed Brent Ashton his elbow. I still remember seeing that live. I was working at a city hospital at the time and Brent actually came there for treatment. I felt so bad I took him some cold Ensures and wished him well. Just felt like doing something cuz that elbow was vicious. Hated Kypreos ever since.

Reactions: Ducky10

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets aren't Manitoba's team in Brandon? lmfao.

PLEASE PRAY FOR BRANDON ON ACCOUNT OF ALL THEIR SUFFERING!!!!!

I still follow the Wheat Kings after all these years of moving away...

Good times being a Wheatie' fan...

Brandon.... isn't suffering....

True hockey fans know they are blessed...

And for the price of tickets... awesome value for great hockey...

Yes... they aren't suffering...

Still wish I could drive 10 minutes and watch high level hockey with great element of future prospects and drink much less than $10 dollar beer. Every seat was lower bowl, the concourse roomy.

No Brandonites' aren't suffering... :laugh:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
True fact: I was in Brandon the first season we made the playoffs and the only hockey jersey I saw being worn was an Oilers one by the bloke behind the counter at I Want That Stuff. Thanks to this larger sample size I think it’s quite clear that the Jets are not #Brandonsteam

:sarcasm:

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Teppo was always one of my favorite Jets and a VERY under rated D man. Played 18-19 years and I can't say enough good things about him. We could use him!

Was always my favorite growing up. Not just player but person. In my 30 years of hockey, the only time I remember actually bursting out in tears, was his interview after the lost 2006 Olympic final. Google 'numminen youtube' it should be the first to pop up. You don't need to know Finnish to get the vibe..

Reactions: 10Ducky10

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
I will cheer for any Canadian team over any American team - every time. Well - except Vancouver. :laugh: In 2011, 'Nucks fans rejected being Canada's team. They are dead to me! They are even lower than any team Marchand plays for.
I am the same except I definitely cheered for the Canucks.

My least favorite team is the modern Oilers. A good fan base and terrible management of almost everything. Still root for them over any American team.

I did like the 80's teams even though they ruined the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad