WJC: Canada WJC Discussion (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
A few years ago when USA lost to the Tavares-lead Canada team in a game they were winning 3-0, they completely lost their confidence. At that point they were still in medal contention but couldn't even beat Slovakia in the quarterfinals.

I'm expecting a similar result tomorrow. 6-1 is my prediction.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

A few years ago when USA lost to the Tavares-lead Canada team in a game they were winning 3-0, they completely lost their confidence. At that point they were still in medal contention but couldn't even beat Slovakia in the quarterfinals. I'm expecting a similar result tomorrow. 6-1 is my prediction.

I am hoping for a close game or even a loss. They have 3 days off after tonight and I want this team angry and hungry.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I am hoping for a close game or even a loss. They have 3 days off after tonight and I want this team angry and hungry.

Maybe even hear "U.....S.....eh??" ............U.....S.....eh??..........U.....S.....eh??..........U.....S.....eh??............U.....S.....eh??.............U.....S.....eh??...........U.....S.....eh??chants!!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

You know what WardCornell... I am loving the fact that tomorrow night's game means nothing. I can relax and enjoy it.

Myt gf and I are going for Greek food at 6:30 (reservations), get back to her place for 8. She will whine and complain but eventually make me some cookies (oatmeal). Then I can enjoy a good game without sending my blood pressure thru the roof. Maybe even sneak out before midnight to get a good night sleep. Oh sure, she will be mad but... she is mad all the time anyway.

Life is good! :)

ShotDownCrosby

Sep 29, 2009
Ontario
I have to work tomorrow night, so it will be nice to have the game on in the background and not have to feel the need to be glued to it --- as there is NO way I will even be able to watch much more than 10 sec here or there, as works bonkers!

So I can watch highlights and be satisfied.

I do hope Canada comes out with a big win!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Is it just me or did Ward's post screw up the settings in this Thread?

Damn you WardCornell !!! DAMN YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I have to work tomorrow night, so it will be nice to have the game on in the background and not have to feel the need to be glued to it --- as there is NO way I will even be able to watch much more than 10 sec here or there, as works bonkers!

So I can watch highlights and be satisfied.

I do hope Canada comes out with a big win!

what do you do if you have to work on new year's eve? bar?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Is it just me or did Ward's post screw up the settings in this Thread?

Damn you WardCornell !!! DAMN YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry buddy!!!!!

Didn't watch much of the game....we went to TO for a night of fun and frolic (I said frolic not Frolik :) )

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I heard they are isolating Hay and others because of the Flu. Why is it that it seems almost every year players are getting the flu. I look at myself and my own family. Nobody ever gets the flu and we are talking for decades. Yet every year it seems players get the flu. They must be an unhealthy bunch.

4thliner*

sure hope that mark scheifle shows up for tomorrows game. man has anyone in this tourney been a bigger disapointment?

Yeah, we might actually need this guy if we get pushed hard or worse (poor tending) by Russia/Sweden. So far he's been absolutely useless and invisible similar to Saad.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just about every team in this tourneys goaltending is better than Canadas. After the last few years I take nothing for granted as we've had some epically bad goaltending.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
we need better net drive that is something no other team does well except Canada who have stone

if Schwartz does it too i think our chances are really good.

lastly team defense will be important

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Just about every team in this tourneys goaltending is better than Canadas. After the last few years I take nothing for granted as we've had some epically bad goaltending.

You clearly did not watch the Finland/Slovakia game tonight.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Limiting their speed through the neutral zone, being physical on them, working them down low...the same plan we've been using on the russians the past years is the key to victory. Wedgewood will have to make a couple of key saves because they're bound to get opportunities and our special teams especially the powerplay needs to be at it's peak. Should be fun, 363 days in the waiting...should be a classic.

Last edited:

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
Still can't believe the hate Visentin gets. He has a SV % of around 93% over 2 World Juniors. He's played one bad period of hockey where the rest of the team also didn't play up to par, yet he's one of the worst goalies in the tournament?

That being said, I do believe Wedgewood should start as I do believe he's the better goaltender, but Canada has far from bad goaltending.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Goaltending shouldn't even be discussed the way Canada has dominated this tournament the last few years. However Jake Allen and Mark Visentin decided otherwise by offering some of the worst performances this country has ever seen.

Tomorrow will be different, I believe goaltending will be a factor against RUS due to the lack of skill on this year's forwards squad.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Goaltending shouldn't even be discussed the way Canada has dominated this tournament the last few years. However Jake Allen and Mark Visentin decided otherwise by offering some of the worst performances this country has ever seen.

Tomorrow will be different, I believe goaltending will be a factor against RUS due to the lack of skill on this year's forwards squad.

Visentin has had 1 bad period in his world junior career. Exclude that 1 period (just for my point) and his GAA in the WJC is 1.00

He was bad in the Sweden pre-tourney game, but thats irrelevant. He was great against the US last year, solid against the Swiss and Slovakia. This year he was good against Finland, and ok against Denmark.

Lets be clear about this. Visentin has had 1 bad period in the WJC, and hes no more to blame than Ellis, or Cowen, or Schenn or Johansen or anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad