WJC: Canada WJC Discussion (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Was it just my computer or was there something wacky with the HF Board all afternoon?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I hear all this Visentin vs Wedgewood stuff, we don't need to rely on goaltending.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I'll say it again: I really think Scheifele is playing injured right now (probably from whatever happened at the practice before the pre-tournament games - I remember he got hit and was really slow to get up).

He looks completely different from when he was on the Jets and when he was on the Colts playing at a 2 PPG pace.

From a TC standpoint, it's really going to hurt losing one of our top two centers, especially when you consider that chemistry with Scheifele was one of the main reasons Pearson made the team.

you're right, he's seemed hesitant so far.

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
I'd say we win tomorrow ;) No, but i'm expecting a tight game, and I think we might steal a couple of points. At least i hope so.

Let's hope Visentin is in Canada's net ;)

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
I'm sure this has been dissected to death already, but I have to say how completely flabbergasted I am at the selection of Canada's two goalies. I wouldn't hold Visentin's collapse last year against him too much if he came back and had a strong season in the O this year but so far he's been terrible (svp below .900). And Wedgewood's .904 svp looks brutal compared to the .933 svp of his co-goalie in Plymouth. Hard to believe there weren't better options available.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
First thing TSN says about Visentin and I quote "He has trouble with the puck" :laugh: am I missing something here or is that like he ONLY job.

BLBarmada

Great game from us, Visentin played well, I was impressed by Stone and Huberdeau. opts each.

Connolly had a nice goal and a couple of nice plays, Stome and Jenner also made some great plays.

Gormley was good, as was Murray.

Hamilton had nice goal.

I was very disappointed with the Finns they weren't great, in fact they were awful.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If Wedgewood plays tomorrow and performs poorly things are going to be ugly around here. If the defence plays as well as they did against Finland I doubt he lets in more than one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->