Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
i say wegdewood gets start, lets see how he performs

czechs might be a little gassed form playing tonight

5-1 i say

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
What's the O/U for how many goals Canada scores tomorrow? 15?

the czechs looked tidy in victory. This game should be close. I think canada is going to keep scoring but questions about goaltending are not going to go away.
score canada 5-3.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
the czechs looked tidy in victory. This game should be close. I think canada is going to keep scoring but questions about goaltending are not going to go away.
score canada 5-3.

Yes the Czech did look good but keep in mind it was againt Denmark a team with very little scoring power aslo they really don't play a physical game it will be alot different playing Caanda.

Racer14

Always Watching
May 16, 2011
Wedge is starting we just learned in the presser...

Tanner Pearson yesterday after practise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOoAa9e784Y&context=C30f0a0aADOEgsToPDskILgDISOYLqbXlCe1iSpOJz

Scott Wedgewood yesterday after practise where he slips about todays start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl41-jWUOx8&context=C3a7b6aeADOEgsToPDskKOEqjU3MiuHSRjSbWCjaEo

yesterdays audio is available here after team canada practise and post game from Monday night as well as post game from last night Den/Cze

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/in-the-o-the-radio-show/id401440372

twitter.com/Thallyburton twitter.com/bsudeykoito for live updates from Edmonton and Calgary.

4thliner*

DSP fireball speedy physical brand will be missed big-time.

They have to find ways to generating constant turn overs without that element.

I don't expect Jenner or especially Connolly to replace that element.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Lol Harrington made the team that is such a joke.

Harrington should have been one of the first guys cut not a guy that made the team.

[Harrington's ego] might get smaller when he and the hockey world realizes that he has no place at the U20 for a player of his caliber.

I'm not taking about role players. Last year Cizikas and Foligno both made the team and were two of the best players in camp. Olsen is an example from last year, didn't have a great camp, not many expectd him to make the team but he does. This year same way with Harrington, except Harrington is probably worse than Olsen.

Don't bring this bull up that just because they play for the team with the best record doesn't mean all their defensemen are good. Harrington hasn't look "very reliable" since his draft year. Nobody is looking at +/- to determine how good they are, they watch him, and they can see that Harrington isn't reliable, he gets beat often, and his hockey IQ is severely lacking. Nobody thought Harrington would make the team, absoulutely nobody. He's not an elite U20 defensemen, and I'd argue he's not even a good one.

When you have your own fans bashing him, as well as most other people, many of whom have watched him plenty, that probably says something. I'm going to laugh when Harrington shows how outclassed he is on the world stage.

See, you say something like that than admit you haven't watched him out here. Harrington isn't miles ahead of Murphy in any regard, and not defense either.

Harrington is big and imposing, but thats about it. He has way to many mental mistakes in his own end, and for the life of me I can't understand why he's even in the World Junior camp let alone making the team, the coaches system is the only reason I can think of.

Harrington hasn't look like a trusty, steady, or consistent player since his rookie season in the OHL. When Kitchener plays London, I love when Harrington and Tinordi are on the ice because it's so easy to skate circles around them. Harrington has horrible hockey IQ and if the only reason he made the team was he is a defensive defensemen. Personally, I don't even think Harrington should have been in camp, and I'm sure a tonne of people will argue with me. Harrington is not talented enough to be playing in this tournement.

That would certainly be a surprise, since Harrington has played well enough in previous international tournaments to earn his the staff's trust, and steady, consistent play is his hallmark.

But hey, stick around. It will be interesting to get your take throughout the tournament, since you've taken such a hardline stance against Harrington from Day One.

Scott+Harrington+CHL+Top+Prospects+Headshots+mbDF_oCh4mDl.jpg

"'Sup?"

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Forget the fact that he's been great. This was either a clear attempt to troll, or he's completely full of it. I'm going for some of both.

Seems to me he was mostly sore about Harrington getting the spot over Murphy.

Might have caused the brain to short-circuit.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I hope that there is some experimentation against USA (and not because they are scientifically designed to beat Canada). Gallagher has not impressed me while playing with Schwartz, as he mainly seems to fall down and shoot a lot while missing prime opportunities. He would still be a very useful player in an energy role on the lower lines though.

Connolly has really impressed in offensive situations, while also showing decent physicality. He just seems smarter offensively than everyone outside of the big line and Schwartz. His offence from he third line is valuable, but I think his lack of use is a waste. Connolly and Schwartz could look really good together, especially if Jenner is there getting them the puck (Scheifele does not seem up to the task). I also can not figure out why Connolly is not getting PP time when he is clearly one of the best goal scorers on the team.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
They may be out and we are clear sailing, but I still want to destroy the Americans tomorrow night.

6-0 would do.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
tomorrows game meaningless... im mad =( time to buy some gold medal game tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->