Post-Game Talk: Canada vs. United States: Noon/Breakfast 21st Feb, 2014 - Right to Play for Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I used to hate Price, until this game. What an amazing effort by the whole Team Canada today. Just a brilliant display of how to play hockey.

High fives all around for Mr. Price!! Great goaltending! Hate the Habs but he's a good guy in my books. If he wins us the Gold, he get a free pass to the top baby!!!!!!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think the tenacity is what I am most impressed with, talented players are staying locked into the plan. When a defenceman goes into a corner and has multiple options to move the puck clearing the zone becomes simple.

I really appreciated the way the Wings used to clear their zone, so Babcock doing the same for Canada shouldn't surprise us.

hockeyfanz*

Did Joe Pavelski even play today? I kept hearing about how much of a force this guy is :laugh:

Who? hahahaha...even Kessel and Kane looked ordinary. JVR was invisible. Price was great but I thought Quick had to make tougher saves and more of them. Canada dominated the US in pretty much every area except the scoresheet.

leafstilldeath*

kZnyvqg.jpg

OMG. I LOVE THIS!!!

Brilliant!

leafstilldeath*

This edition of Team Canada might not be flashy, but it is definitely the most dominant defensive team that our country has ever iced in an international tournament.

nope. Neidermayer and Pronger on team Canada >>> than whatever we have at the moment

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Pronger is not alone as Canada overall has had limited gold medal success on big ice in the Olympics.

Name the last time they won?

I'm just never going to forget Saku Koivu pushing Pronger off the puck in Nagano.

It's weird. I'm not sure Pronger would have cracked a top-4 if NHL sized rinks didn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad